Adding Video to RevSlider

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey Guys,

I am trying to add video to the Revslider on ProvenDigital.com . I have both a MP4 and OGV File uploaded. I tried both within the slide and the actual revslider section with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

(The video is the space image, but I made the stars twinkle in after effects then rendered out as an MP4 and OGV)

There have been posts about this in the past, but the question was never answered nor addressed.

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Im curious to know where you got such an old version of DMS from, latest is 2.1.4, you have 2.0

Posted · Report post

Simon_P I downloaded it early on for a different website. How can I update to the latest version?

Posted · Report post

Just login to www.pagelines.com/my-account/ to get the latest version and/or the updater plugin.

Posted · Report post

Thank you!

Posted · Report post

Simon_P That worked temporarily. It seems like the revslider image is still overriding the video playing and if i remove the image it just shows a default revslider slide. How do i fix this?

Posted · Report post

Danny Do you happen to have a solution for this? The slide image temporarily displays for 5-10 seconds and then the video finally plays.

I'd like the video to play right away and not even have an image display.

To clarify, the video i made is the stars image, but i animated it so the stars twinkle subtly.

Posted · Report post

Can you provide a screenshot of your settings and also, provide links to both videos, so I can test them myself. It could well be the way you have encoded the video.

Posted · Report post

OK, it does appear to be a bug as far as I can tell, which I have reported to our tracker. It appears to only be related to Chrome.