Photo
Sophistique

Sophistique not looking the same with DMS 2 - Transparency problems and no round images

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stoltz

stoltz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:10 AM

I have the latest version of Sophistique child theme (?) 2.0 and I upgraded to DMS 2 (2.14) and bumped into some issues that is affecting the User Experience. My question is whether these issues are errors.

1. The transparent nav bar doesn't respond to changes in the section settings (grey background with dark text etc)

2. When the nav bar is rendered in Safari in OS X, it turns up with a grey backgrund when the page is rendered, until the mouse hovers above it - Then it turns transparent again (Which it should be according to the section settings.

3. The round images in Rapid tabs and in the footer have turned square - How do I get them round again.

4. The same transparency issues in the nav bar affects the footer as well - It is sometimes rendered with a grey backgrund in Safari OS X, even if the section settings are set to transparent.

Is there a solution to my issues or an upgrade of the theme on its way?

#2 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 228 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Hi,

I upgraded to DMS 2 (2.14)

What DMS version do you use before the upgrade?

And, can you please, provide me some screenshots.

Best,

#3 stoltz

stoltz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

I used DMS, the latest version before DMS 2 and I updated through the Pagelines updater plug. While updating I hade the Sophistique theme turned off (I tried with turned on as well, no difference).

You can checkout the site at http://kinkypod.com

The square images are in the footer and in the rapid tabs which are visible in blog posts.

The transparency seems (for now) to have solved itself, I resaved my templates under DMS 2. But changing to other settings in the menubar doesn't affect the appearance, i.e choosing "Black background, white text" doesn't affect anything.

#4 onlinedesigns4u

onlinedesigns4u

Advanced Member

• Members

• 50 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Sorry to be posting in the wrong area of the forum, might be that im a little hungover and not completely with it, but, where the hell are the options for creating a new topic for discussion on this forum?

Anyway, while im here. I have just purchased DMS2 and the child theme Sophistique. Not put too much time into it yet but from what ive seen and experienced im impressed and happy with my purchase.

I have a question about Ubermenu being used on this child theme. Im not sure if it works on this theme or not?

I think i have configured the plugin correctly but i dont see any real change in the style of the menu. Before i spend more time configuring and possibly wasting my time i though id check to see if the 2 where even compatible. I have the add-on for ubermenu and have followed the documentation ive seen but not made any difference so far.

Thanks guys, 

#5 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 228 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

. I have the add-on for ubermenu and have followed the documentation ive seen but not made any difference so far.

What exactly changes are you expecting and what are you seeing?

Best,

#6 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 228 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

BTW the button for new topics is located in the Forum index 

http://screencast.com/t/vVIVCsbq7

#7 stoltz

stoltz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Can we get back to the original topic?

What happened to the round images etc in my original question?

#8 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 228 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hi stoltz,

Can you please send me a URL with the issue please? i check the site http://kinkypod.com and i don't see any rapidtab section on it.

Best,

#9 stoltz

stoltz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

http://kinkypod.com/...shades-rfms010/

The rapid tabs is in each post view and the round images is also missing in the pages where the footer is present

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sophistique