11 replies to this topic

#1 macmaniacs

macmaniacs

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

Since the last update and clearing the cache I'm facing problems with the carousel which I heavily used.

I didn't do anything but installing the latest update (and I had wated quite a while with this not to face any problems). After clearing cache on my site carousel is displayed as shown on the pic below which simply isn't acceptable for my readers. It really looks bad :-(

Any suggestions how to resolve this? I've temporarily deactivated carousel on my site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

broke%20carousel.JPG

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hi,

I have just visited your website and the Carousel is working as intended, I do not see any list or bullets like in your image. Has this been resolved ?

#3 macmaniacs

macmaniacs

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm wondering how you could have seen the carousel? I had deactivated it in blog page options? when doing a search (on search pages the carousel is still active) it's still displayed as shown on my picture above... I've tested this with chrome and firefox...

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

I am seeing it on this page - 

So this now leads me to believe that your issue is related to your cache, please flush your cache and disable the plugin, as that is the likely cause. We do not actually provide support when users have cache plugins active, as they're usually the cause of 80 percent of all issues.

#5 macmaniacs

macmaniacs

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Well, if I had activated my cache plugin recently this might be a reason - but this plugin is activated since years, has regularly been updated and never made any problems! I've now deactivated the plugin and also cleared browser cache - no change. Carousel is displayed as this strange bulleted list. I do not think the plugin was the reason.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

The fact that I am unable to see the issue and yet you can likely means that the issue is caused by a cache plugin. You yourself have just stated that he plugin has been active for years and recently updated, this update is the likely cause. Also, PageLines Framework which you're using hasn't been updated in months and that update had no effect with the Carousel.

Therefore, the issue has to be related to your cache plugin, please disable all active plugins and enable debug mode via the PageLines Settings > Advanced.

#7 macmaniacs

macmaniacs

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

No no no, you've got that wrong; I had not updated pagelines framework for months ;-) I just recently updated it to the recent version (I believe 2.4.5). The cache plugin hasn't received updates for ages either. I did NOT mean a recent update of the cache plugin but the update I carried out on pagelines framework!

Which plugins should I deactivate? All plugins? There are plenty of them, if I deactivate them the page will not work at all anymore I'm afraid... However caching IS inactive and debug mode is activated.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

OK, please disable all active plugins and when you have reply here, so I can check your site again. However, the issue is, I am not able to see the Carousel in the way you're seeing it. I see no bullets on the Carousel like you show in your image.

#9 macmaniacs

macmaniacs

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

I've now disabled ALL plugins. Expecting spam-attacks shortly on the blog... I've also reactivated carousel on the blogpage. Tested with Safari and Chrome on Mac and Chrome and Firefox on Windows 7 - same problem. Carousel is broken.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

You haven't cleared your cache correctly, as your page source is still showing WP Super Cache as being active:

As I have said now twice, this issue is most likely your cache plugin. You're going to need to completely flush all cache from that plugin, if that doesn't work, then remove it completely. We can not provide support until your page source shows no cache at all.

#11 macmaniacs

macmaniacs

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

And once again -  I do not know where this text comes from; all i can say is, as previously already said, the plugin IS deactivated and I HAD cleared the cache. I've done the procedure again. Reactivated - cleared cache - deactivated the plugin. And as I also already pointed several times the plugin was in charge of caching a VERY long time WITHOUT the slightest problem before.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Can you contact our helpdesk and provide the following information please:

1. A link to this topic so our staff have a reference

2. A link to the site in question

3. Make sure all plugins are disabled

4. Make sure debug mode is active

5. Provide your admin username/password

hello at pagelines dot com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagelines, framework, carousel, broke