DMS 2 RevSlider and Mobile Navigation - not playing nice

Question

Posted · Report post

I've tried both Navbar and Navi in full width and am getting the same issue.  I haven't tested on other mobile devices other than iPhone (a few different versions).

You can see the issue here msdbuild.flywheelsites.com (flywheel, furtive-music are needed to view site).

When the mobile Nav is open and Rev slider progresses to the next slide, the slide becomes taller, if you click in Search and then click "done" the slider doesn't shrink (which means text if centered is being cutoff) and it won't progress to the next slide.  If you don't click in the search box but just back on the page then the slider doesn't shrink but will still progress to the next slide.   Either can be fixed by manually sliding but I it seems this would need corrected.  

I had trouble pin pointing when the slide wouldn't start backup but regardless this doesn't seem like something that should be happening.

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

I can't see it, therefore I am likely not following your instructions correctly, would it be possible to record the issue please. Also, can you recreate it using a RevSlider without any custom HTML i.e. just the options used. If not then the likely cause is your HTML you have used via the extra slider options.

Posted · Report post

Here you go.  I don't have any custom CSS in the site no any extra captions in the slider.  It's all just the basic slider options.  

On desktop, where I was recording, I couldn't get the slider to lock up but on mobile it does.  Seems like RevSlider should pause while menu is open and problem would be resolved.

http://screencast.com/t/ra0roauJ

Posted · Report post

OK, I am not able to recreate the issue you have with your the text being positioned slightly like you have on your video, regardless of what I do. However, I do experience an annoyance where when I close the mobile menu, my Chrome browser (mobile refreshes upon the closing of the mobile menu). So I have reported this. But I am unable see recreate your other issue.

Also, the RevSlider should continue when the mobile menu is open, not sure why you think it should stop ?

Posted · Report post

What do you mean by the "the text being positioned slightly".  I'm using Safari to view the site in the video and it happens consistently when browser is scaled to mobile and on mobile device itself.

I was just thinking if Rev Slider stopped when the menu was a open then it wouldn't expand off the page and occasionally get stuck. 

Posted · Report post

I've reported this to our tracker, along with your video.

Posted · Report post

Any update on this issue?  This is a big one as it makes Rev Slider basically unsatisfactory for use on client sites.  

Posted · Report post

We've looked at it and we are not able to recreate it. Are you using the extra slides options to add your text or just the standard fields? Also, does this happen when viewed on a mobile device as I can't tell on the video if this your browser resized or a mobile device.

Posted · Report post

No I'm not using extra slides options just the standard fields and yes it happens on mobile (iphones and ipads).  Look at scramblers-schemers.flywheelsites.com (flywheel and light-plant will be the login and pass). 

I can recreate the issue with a clean install of DMS on a test site by adding rev slider, 3 photos in the dimensions mentioned in DMS editor and nothing else in the site.  That is what I did in the test build on the demo I provided.  It really irritates me that it takes the DMS team a month to say that they can't recreate an issue.  

Posted · Report post

Is this what you're referring to - http://quick.as/a9rgigl9

Also, not sure what you mean by search then click done done where is done ? 

Posted · Report post

Yes.  That is the issue in the video you provided is the exact one that was happening in the video I provided already in this thread.  Currently I have the slider set to fill the window.  When I don't then clicking on the menu increases the size of the slider. 

"Done" appears as part of the ios keyboard because when you tap on the menu the cursor automatically defaults to the search area.  Only if you sort of hold down the mobile icon does the cursor not go to the search area.

Posted · Report post

Finally, I was able to recreate it. I have updated the ticket with my video and steps on how to recreate it. Thanks for your patience, it was a pain to recreate it, as it wasn't happening at first, maybe I wasn't waiting long enough with the mobile menu open.