Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Template problem - need blog on home page, right sidebar

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm just trying to set up a standard website with a primary sidebar in the right column and blog on the Homepage beneath a RevSlider, Highlight and ibox. The templates seem to have changed with DMS2. Please tell me how to set this up. On a DMS1 website, I set up a Home page template, inside pages template and 2 others, needing only a little help.

On this DMS2 website, I just want a Home page template and all other pages template. Please tell me how. The website is rockwallrocks.com.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The Column sections should work on any template, you drag and drop them into position, configure their width by increasing/decreasing and then add your sections. If this isn't working, can you disable all active plugins, then see if this resolves your issue.

If it doesn't, would it be possible for you to record the issue using either QuickCast or Jing, then provide a link to the recoding so we can see the problem first hand.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

If you want to display your blog on your homepage, then you first need to make sure that you're not using the static pages option via the WordPress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Reading. If you have enabled static pages, then you will not be able to display your blog on your homepage unless you decided to use a third party plugin.

So the first thing you need to do is make sure the static pages option isn't active. Then you simply need to drag and drop the WP-Content/PostLoop section onto your template. Then do the same thing withe Primary sidebar. This really hasn't changed in DMS 2.x, you can achieve the same thing in DMS 1.x and DMS 2.x

I have just viewed your site and it appears that you have already achieved what you wanted, is this the case ?

Also, I am not entirely sure what you mean by this statement "On this DMS2 website, I just want a Home page template and all other pages template" What do you mean by all other pages templates ?

Posted · Report post

Yes, I have the Homepage set up but I can't figure out how to set up the inside page template ("all other pages"). I want the Default option (in other words, 2 columns set at 8 and 4 with WP Content and Primary sidebar) but I can't seem to set up the two columns section again. It doesn't seem to work the way it did on the Homepage anyway. Sorry. Confused.