DMS 2 Using video as a section background

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi 

Can someone please point me in the right direction for some instructions on how to best use video as a background for a full width section? I have managed to get it working on a full width canvass area but it only works if I set the 'scrolling effects and sizing' option to 'set to height of window'. I ideally wanted to set it to 'parallaxed background image'. Also, it isn't responsive so when I change the size of my browser window I lose a lot of the video?

Any help or documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Allan 

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Allan,

Basically what happens is this, the Canvas section uses a css property called background-size and the value cover. Cover scales your image/video to the background element as best it can. However, some of the image/video may be cut off, this can not be prevented. Also, the parallax effect only works on images. If you want to achieve a better responsive effect and parallax you would be better using the RevSlider section instead.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny, I've have a play around with it and see what I can do.

Allan 

Posted · Report post

No problem and keep us posted.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, I'm still having issues with this one I'm afraid.

I have used the RevSlider section as you suggested and have the video working a treat on the desktop. I have uploaded the video as .mp4 and .ogv as the section suggests. The problem I now have is that when I view the site on my iPhone I don't see the video, just a space where the video should be.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Allan 

Posted · Report post

I have viewed our DMS demo on my iphone and found that the video on our demo isn't playing either. Therefore, this may be a bug, which I have just reported.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny, any idea how long these things take to fix?

Allan 

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, Allan, we do not give any ETA on bug fixes, this because we do not release an update for every bug, we wait until there are X number fixed before releasing an update.

As soon as this has been viewed and fixed, I will reply here, I have bookmarked your topic.

Posted · Report post

Hey Danny, any chance of an update on this one?

I am now updated to v2.1.6.1 and I still have the same issue with the video so it looks like the bug hasn't been fixed?

Allan