editor DMS Editor not loading on blog page

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi there - I have a problem with getting the DMS editor to load on http://swiftupgrade.wpengine.com/blog  (No problems with the editor loading on the home / root page,  http://swiftupgrade.com)

I disabled all plugins, and tried to see if that would help load the editor on the blog page....no change. 

I read through the documentation and forums here; http://docs.pagelines.com/support-troubleshooting/common-issues

This lead me to some errors, shown in this screenshot.  http://monosnap.com/image/lotjvK1sCXkZgKJX9QE4cdbrIlKkGX.png 

So wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to fix the errors. any help is greatly appreciated. - JP

It seems this is the error message in the console view now since I upgraded DMS; 

Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://swiftupgrade.com/blog?pagedraft=1". blog:30
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < blog:378
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4

This was the error previously;

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < blog:377
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'scrollHeight' of undefined pl.toolbox.js?ver=bb82a2:257
(anonymous function) pl.toolbox.js?ver=bb82a2:257
x.event.dispatch jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
handler utils.mousewheel.js?ver=bb82a2:81
Edited by JimP

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

JimP Looks like you have a PHP error. Look at the view-source of the page in your browser, scroll down and see if the page stops before </html>

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon, I looked at the view source page and here's what it looks like; Do you have any further advice? I went and added these lines of code to wp-config file too.

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
<a class="screen-reader-shortcut" href="http://swiftupgrade.wpengine.com/wp-login.php?action=logout&#038;_wpnonce=9475673e35">Log Out</a>
					</div>

</body>
</html>

Posted · Report post

Here's the DMS debugging information too;

DMS Debug Info

WordPress Version

WordPress Debug
Disabled

Multisite Enabled
No

Current Role
Administrator

Framework Path
/nas/wp/www/cluster-2262/swiftupgrade/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework URI
http://swiftupgrade.wpengine.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework Version

PHP Version

WP_DEBUG
No

WP memory limit
40 MB

WP MAX memory limit
256 MB

PHP memory limit
256 MB

Mysql version

WP Max Upload Size
50 MB

PHP POST Max Size
100 MB

PHP Max Execution Time
3600s

PHP type
Apache2handler

WebServer software
Apache

PHP User
Posix functions are disabled on this host. Not necessarily a problem, but if the user needs FTP/SFTP to install plugins/themes then creating CSS files might be an issue.

OS
Linux

Installed Plugins
accordions/accordions.php
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
pagelines-updater/pagelines-updater.php
post-types-order/post-types-order.php
super-simple-google-analytics/SuperSimpleGoogleAnalytics.php
wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php

Posted · Report post

Please keep all plugins disabled.

Also, when you say you you viewed the page source and here is what it looks like what do you mean ?

Also, have you enabled WP_DEBUG i.e. set it to true instead of false ? When this active are there are any errors printed ?

Posted · Report post

Hello Danny;

1. I did disable all plugins; and still had no ability to load DMS editor on any pages but the root /home page. I re-enabled plugins, as the site doesn't function properly without them. 

2. when I say I viewed the source page code, Simon_P said to check:  

----> Looks like you have a PHP error. Look at the view-source of the page in your browser, scroll down and see if the page stops before </html>

So, my reply was to show the location of the </html> tag at the end of the page.

3. I have added; define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ); to the wp-config file. 

4. I don't see any errors printed, but I also don't know exactly where to look to see any printed errors. 

thanks in advance for any and all help  - Jim

Posted · Report post

Here are the error messages from the console; 

Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://swiftupgrade.com/blog?pagedraft=1". blog:31
JQMIGRATE: Logging is active jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.2.1:21
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < blog:279
JQMIGRATE: jQuery.event.handle is undocumented and deprecated jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.2.1:41
console.trace() jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.2.1:43
migrateWarn jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.2.1:43
Object.defineProperty.get jquery-migrate.js?ver=1.2.1:58
(anonymous function) utils.isotope.min.js?ver=7e544a:10
(anonymous function) utils.isotope.min.js?ver=7e544a:10
{"post":{"action":"pl_editor_actions","mode":"fast_save","run":"map","pageID":"15","typeID":"70000006","log":"true","confirm":"false","confirmText":"Are you sure?","savingText":"Saving.","refresh":"false","refreshText":"Refreshing page...","refreshArgs":"false","toolboxOpen":"false","beforeSend":"","postSuccess":"undefined","load":"false","onFalse":"","store":{"fixed":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"naviu06b4b","object":"PLNavi","sid":"navi","clone":"u06b4b"}}},"header":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"pl_areau06b98","object":"PLSectionArea","sid":"pl_area","clone":"u06b98"}}},"template":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"pl_areauc99e2","object":"PLSectionArea","sid":"pl_area","clone":"uc99e2","content":{"0":{"object":"PageLinesPostLoop","clone":"uc9ba6","sid":"postloop","span":"10","offset":"1","newrow":"false"}}}}},"footer":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"pl_areau06e7d","object":"PLSectionArea","sid":"pl_area","clone":"u06e7d","content":{"0":{"object":"PLSocialinks","clone":"u0702e","sid":"socialinks","span":"12","offset":"0","newrow":"false"}}}}}},"templateMode":"local","location":"start","storeMap":"true"},"dataAmount":2438,"config":{"fixed":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"naviu06b4b","object":"PLNavi","sid":"navi","clone":"u06b4b"}}},"header":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"pl_areau06b98","object":"PLSectionArea","sid":"pl_area","clone":"u06b98"}}},"template":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"pl_areauc99e2","object":"PLSectionArea","sid":"pl_area","clone":"uc99e2","content":{"0":{"object":"PageLinesPostLoop","clone":"uc9ba6","sid":"postloop","span":"10","offset":"1","newrow":"false"}}}}},"footer":{"map":{"0":{"name":"","class":"","id":"pl_areau06e7d","object":"PLSectionArea","sid":"pl_area","clone":"u06e7d","content":{"0":{"object":"PLSocialinks","clone":"u0702e","sid":"socialinks","span":"12","offset":"0","newrow":"false"}}}}}},"load":"false","state":{"local":"local"}} pl.helpers.js?ver=7e544a:14
Object {post: Object, dataAmount: 2438, config: Object, load: "false", state: Object}
config: Object
dataAmount: 2438
load: "false"
action: "pl_editor_actions"
beforeSend: ""
confirm: "false"
confirmText: "Are you sure?"
load: "false"
log: "true"
mode: "fast_save"
onFalse: ""
pageID: "15"
postSuccess: "undefined"
refresh: "false"
refreshArgs: "false"
refreshText: "Refreshing page..."
run: "map"
savingText: "Saving."
store: Object
storeMap: "true"
templateMode: "local"
toolboxOpen: "false"
typeID: "70000006"
__proto__: Object
state: Object
local: "local"
__defineGetter__: function __defineGetter__() { [native code] }
__defineSetter__: function __defineSetter__() { [native code] }
__lookupGetter__: function __lookupGetter__() { [native code] }
__lookupSetter__: function __lookupSetter__() { [native code] }
constructor: function Object() { [native code] }
hasOwnProperty: function hasOwnProperty() { [native code] }
isPrototypeOf: function isPrototypeOf() { [native code] }
propertyIsEnumerable: function propertyIsEnumerable() { [native code] }
toLocaleString: function toLocaleString() { [native code] }
toString: function toString() { [native code] }
valueOf: function valueOf() { [native code] }
get __proto__: function __proto__() { [native code] }
set __proto__: function __proto__() { [native code] }
 pl.helpers.js?ver=7e544a:14
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. 

Posted · Report post

Please set the value to true on WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php file. We are not referring to the WP_DEBUG_LOG, but just WP_DEBUG, this is in your wp-config.php file by default and has a value of false, replace false with true, save the changes and then visit your page again where you have a blank screen. With WP_DEBUG enabled, there will most likely be errors printed.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress