Question

Posted · Report post

Okay, I am trying to find out where the icon file for the mobile nav is located. I didn't know if it was a web font or if it was a .svg located somewhere in the theme files.

Basically what I am trying to do is change the hamburger icon to the icon AND the word "menu." I was thinking the easiest thing to do was to just edit the icon, but if the icon is apart of the font file, then it becomes sticky.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks- Jacob

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Jacob,

Unfortunately, the hamburger icon is coming from a core file and isn't part of any of the navigation sections. Therefore, to replace the icon, you're will need to edit a core file, which is something we do not recommend nor support.

I will create a ticket on our tracker, asking if it is possible to include an option to change the icon to something else and/or use just text.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Danny.

If anyone else knows a way to get a similar type of nav with a customized icon, let me know.

Posted · Report post

Is there an easy way to make the hamburger icon bigger? It's pretty tiny and some of my clients have a hard time hitting it (or even seeing it) on their mobile devices.  I also would love to have the option to add the word "Menu" beside the icon.

Posted · Report post

lwarren1500 - If you want to increase the size of the hamburger icon, you will need to use custom CSS. Try this (off the top of my head, not tested):

.menu-toggle .icon-reorder {
  font-size: 24px; /* change the value to your liking */
}