DMS 2 Flipper Posts Loading Slowly

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi to all,

Last night I looked at using Flipper to load specific pages with a meta key and value applied. This has all worked well but for some reason the posts (pages) are loading slowly compared to other web elements on my web page.

Could someone please take a look and let me know how I can speed it up? Everything else on the page loads quickly. It just takes a few more seconds to load the posts: http://www.jawdesigns.co.uk/portfolio/

Kind regards,

James Wilson

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi James,

Your posts are loading just fine for me. Although, you do have a lot of images on those pages, so that is likely your issue. I would recommend reducing the size of the images using something like Kraken or JpegMini.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nice site.  Which page?  I didn't see flipper, carousel loaded fine.  

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Thanks for the kind comment! The Filpper section is beneath both the UI Design and Web Design headings. They load ok but just a little slower than all other web elements on the page. I will try and attach a screen grab to the original post.

Thanks,

James

Posted · Report post

Sorry,  I must of still be asleep when I looked at your site the first time around.  Yes, flipper loads just fine.  Site is very speedy.  

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ok thanks guys. I will also take a look at Kraken or JpegMini. At the moment all images are saved from Photoshop using save for web (j-pegs) usually medium quality. For transparency I use pngs.

Posted · Report post

Danny,

I do the same thing with photos. Saving for web from photoshop or illustrator usually in medium quality (small file size but good quality even on larger screens).  File sizes for these depending on photo size and such ranges anywhere from 25KB to usually not over 100KB.   I've ran them through JpegMini and it says it can't do anything with them...meaning they are as reduced as possible or get a slight reduction of .02MB (not really worth the time).  

How small are you thinking the file sizes should be?  I'm thinking using Illustrator or PS to save is the industry standard and using med is very conservative when some source recommend high for HD.

Am I not following some practice that could reduce file sizes even more?

Posted · Report post

I use the same method via Photoshop, but I always run the images through JpegMini and/or Kraken just to make sure.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Gotcha. Thanks