Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Rev Slider Resize issue

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, 

I am trying to create a Rev Slider section to work in a similar way as the homepage slide show on Stussy.com..

I would like the Rev Slder to scale in height proportionately to the width, so for example, using an image 1500x577, it will resize to 800x307 on a 800px wide  and 2000x769 on a 2000px browser.

at the moment the image crops the head off the image I'm using on larger broswers and I can't resize the image without losing quality or change its aspect ratio due to teh shots composition.

help very much appreciated

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Just added a modified version of the QuickSlider to my GitHub repo, it is a full width version of QuickSlider.

https://github.com/Dannyholt/fullquickslider

Simply download the zip, rename it to just fullquickslider and then upload it your child themes sections folder. If you do not have a child theme, then you're free to either create your own or use mine which you can download from here - http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton/

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

HI,

The RevSlider section uses a CSS property called background-size and a value of cover. Cover scales your background image to be as large as possible so that the background area is completely covered by the background image. However, because of this some parts of your background image may not be in view within the background positioning area.

The Slider on the website you linked is using something called FlexSlider which is developed by WooThemes. Our QuickSlider is based on FlexSlider, so you may want to try using that instead of the RevSlider section.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply - I've just added a quickslider section to my page but it is content width rather than full width which is required, is there a way to make the outer container expand in height to correspond to the scaled image's height, to make the whole slide image show without visible cropping?

best wishes,

Posted · Report post

QuickSlider shouldn't crop your image, it should just reduce the images height to match the width of the container you have placed it in.

Posted · Report post

Hi, sorry but quickslider is only content width, I need it to display full width 

"but it is content width rather than full width which is required,"

Is it possible for  the outer container expand in height to correspond to the scaled image's height, to make the whole slide image show without visible cropping?

Posted · Report post

Danny , Thank you so much for going to all this trouble..what a guy! pretty much bowled over, really appreciate this.

Posted · Report post

No problem.

Posted · Report post

This worked for me just now, with a similar problem I was having with RevSlider.  Good job Danny. 

You should upload this with the next version of Pageline