flexslider flex-caption css

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 highlandmartin

highlandmartin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Most of the site is working as expected, but I am having trouble with the css to change the font sizing in the slider. When I make changes to the styling classes in the slider configuration, for example:

.flex-caption { font-size: 20px; }

It doesn't update the slider. Either my css is not inheriting correctly, or I'm missing the syntax, or I'm missing something entirely.

If I try to format the slider text directly with markup.. <h2>Hello this is slider text</h2>, it throws all of the text at the bottom of the slider image. Can anyone provide some guidance on where to check to see why the updates aren't inheriting, and also some guidance on what can/can't be done in the slider text, or best practices?

Thanks!

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2167 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

HI @highlandmartin

Please, you can post your site's url so we can properly troubleshoot the issue for you. 

Thank you !

#3 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 155 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hi @highlandmartin not sure this is a theme specific issue.  Most likely it's a caching issue.  When you make changes to the code, you need to refresh the less/cache.  If you've got the PageLines Developer Plugin you can set your site to 'less dev mode' and 'turn off caching'.  I've found that checking both of those options can help my overrides to show up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Workspace, flexslider, flex-caption, css