DMS 2 Rev Slider Text Overflow

Question

Posted · Report post

On this test site.  http://msdbuild.flywheelsites.com  (flywheel    furtive-music), I did a clean DMS2 install and added Rev slider the default text overflows on smaller screens or smaller browser sizes.  Is this an issue in Rev slider or DMS?  I need a simple slider that just works...does Scroll Slider have the same issue?

Added Pins Pro and the text on it scales and moves down.  How do I correct the issue in Rev Slider?

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I can't see the site as its behind the Flywheel login.

Posted · Report post

that's why I included the login 'flywheel' and pass 'furtive-music' in the post.  Did those not work?

Posted · Report post

HAHA, I just didn't see it.

Anyway, the reason for your issue is how the RevSlider has been designed, that is why in our demos you will see we use <br /> in our titles to break it up. I will speak to our developers, but I think this is actually something in the RevSlider script and our styling.

Posted · Report post

I sort of wondered about that...but hey...that's another good reason scroll slider should be stand alone as it doesn't seem to have the problem.

Posted · Report post

Its not actually a problem, it's just the way the section has been designed. I have reported this to our tracker, but I don't think this will be considered a bug, as it is by design. Also, none of the sections in any of the new themes will be released as a standalone product, which can be purchased via the store.

Posted · Report post

Cutting off text on the sides as the image scales should be "considered a problem".  It completely limits how well the section can be utilized.   Simon_P is this really the expected behavior of the text in the section? If you have even five words in the text in a large font they don't scale down enough so they end up cutoff on the edges.  If this is how it's supposed to work then I'll live with it and plan accordingly.  Just seems weird.

Posted · Report post

The text only gets cut off is you have a huge sentence or statement, if you break it up to multiple lines using <br /> there is no issue.

Posted · Report post

I'll roll with it.  Thanks