#1 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 964 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

I have clients question why their site doesn't pinch zoom on mobile, on the phone it's an accessibility issue to some degree I suppose.  Typically, I just design using fonts scaled for good readability...however this would be nice. 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

HI,

DMS is fully responsive, therefore I fail to understand why you need the option to pinch/zoom ?

Eitherway, you can add this by using hooking into the wphead hook and add the metatag, as thats all it is.

function meta_viewpoint(){ ?>
    <meta content=”width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=2.0; user-scalable=1;” name=”viewport”>
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”user-scalable=YES” />
  <?php 
  }
add_action(‘wp_head’, ‘meta_viewpoint’);

#3 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 964 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

I understand DMS is responsive.  However, some viewer with older eyes still prefer a bump up in size on a  phone.  It's what users are asking for and...you can't fail to understand that...anyway...  

This couldn't be added to scripts but would need to be part of a child theme correct?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

I still don't understand, the idea of pinch or zoom, is because the site is non-responsive and therefore, you're unable to recreate the text. Where as this isn't the case in DMS or any responsive theme, the elements have been designed so that the text is clearly readable.

Anyway, you add that snippet to your child themes functions.php file.