News Views

13 replies to this topic

#1 tt2

tt2

• Members

• 8 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2 Framework

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

I installed the plugin "News Views" to WP, is enabled but is nowhere visible in the "DMS editor panel" in the "Add To Page" 

I'm using WP 3.9.1 
DMS Version 1.7 
Theme DMS 2.1.4 
News View 2.1.2 

Please help me how to run this plugin?

Regards
Tomasz

#2 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 520 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hello, 

Thank you for purchasing News Views, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties. 

We have just tested locally and everything is working as expected. 

How did you upload the section? Did you install it as a plugin through the WordPress dashboard? 

• 1. Download the zip from your PageLines account
  • 2. As with all WordPress plugins upload that zip file and once unpacked activate
  • 3. Navigate to your DMS editor panel > Add To Page
  • 4. Drag the News Views section on to your page template

Do let us know if the problem persists. 

#3 jennalyn11

jennalyn11

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

I am repeatedly having the same problem with this plugin it's very frustrating. Have installed it on about about five different sites at this stage and wasting hours uninstalling and reinstalling to try and make it appear, once I get it added to a page there's no guarantee it will be there when I return! 

#4 tt2

tt2

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

thanks for the information, but the plugin is installed correctly (like many others) but just "News View" is not visible in the "Ad page", do not know why.

#5 tt2

tt2

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

turning off or uninstalling and reinstalling (and turning on) the plugin still does not work. Still "news views" does not appear in the panel "Ad to page" ://

#6 jennalyn11

jennalyn11

Advanced Member

• Members

• 84 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

@gavin_launchpad It is working fine for me now. I will let you know if the problem reoccurs

#7 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 520 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Helo

@tt2 - we are confused when you say you have DMS 1.7 and DMS 2.1.4 - this set up sounds wrong. You only need DMS 2.1.4 - why have DMS 1.7 installed ?

@tt2 & @jennalyn11 Today, we have created another vanilla install of:

DMS 2.1.4
WordPress 3.9.1 
News Views 2.1.2

Please ensure everything you are using are up to date versions.

News Views is made to work specifically with DMS, however as  DMS 1.x (the last version was DMS 1.1.8) as a branch was closed off we can no longer support this as a section for both branches (1.x and 2.x) this is due to significant core improvements made in DMS 2. Also although DMS 1.x works there are flaws and it is not nearly as good as DMS 2. 

We are unable to recreate the problem of the section not appearing in the add to page area. We also know that there are several other users of News Views who have not experienced this problem. You can see News Views running fine here http://pagelines.kyl....uk/news-views/ here http://www.kyle-irving.co.uk/ and here http://dms.kyle-irving.co.uk/

Even though it is beyond the remit of our support, we have provided admin support to other uses who needed help with settings and they have not experienced your issue.

So from this we can only assume it is something local to you or related to DMS 1.x. We are happy to login to your site with admin access and report back on what we discover the issue is - please understand we do this as we would like to help. If you would like us to do this then PM us with admin access to your site.

Thanks

#8 tt2

tt2

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Version 1.7 is a plugin "DMS Professional Tools" 
Version 2.1.4 is the theme DMS 

@ gavin_launchpad send you a box to access data to your account 

Regards

#9 tt2

tt2

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Install this plugin requires changes in the setting are hosting, it is too complicated 

Unfortunately, I have to give it up

thanks for the help

#10 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 520 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hello 

I am not sure what you mean - are you using an unusual hosting set up?

We have tested this on Shared hosting and VPS and had no problems. 

Thanks

#11 tt2

tt2

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

you wrote: "We are unable to identify the cause of the problem via the WP Dashboard ...
...We are also unable to recreate the problem locally so could you share your hosting details please. " 

If you install the plugin requires a change hosting settings it is too complicated 

I have to quickly finish this page and I have to use another tool

thanks for the help

TT

#12 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 520 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

We wrote 

"We are unable to identify the cause of the problem via the WP Dashboard - would you be able to give us FTP access to the site? 
We are also unable to recreate the problem locally so could you share your hosting details please. 

So that we could explore the problem further and try to find a solution for you as we are not able to recreate the problem and we know it is working for many other users. We would like to understand what the issue is with your particular environment - the more information we have the better. And then if necessary we can provide a fix. 

Thanks

#13 Landreiziger

Landreiziger

• Members

• 1 posts
  • Framework Version:1.1.4

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

Is there any solution on this problem? I've still got the same problem. Any other plugins i've installed are showing up, but not the News News. Also tried to reinstall, on a test server, bit still not showing up.

#14 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 520 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Today, we have created another vanilla install using:

DMS 2.1.5
WordPress 4.0.0
News Views 2.1.3

Please ensure everything you are using are up to date versions.

News Views is made to work specifically with DMS, however as  DMS 1.x (the last version was DMS 1.1.8) as a branch was closed off we can no longer support this as a section for both branches (1.x and 2.x) this is due to significant core improvements made in DMS 2. Also although DMS 1.x works there are flaws and it is not nearly as good as DMS 2. 

We are unable to recreate the problem of the section not appearing in the add to page area. We also know that there are several other users of News Views who have not experienced this problem. You can see News Views running fine here http://pagelines.kyl....uk/news-views/ here http://www.kyle-irving.co.uk/

As we are unable to recreate the problem of the plugin not showing up in the plugins dashboard or the DMS editor,  this is on several installs, using shared hosting, VPS and dedicated hosting, we are unable to 'fix' the problem - we cannot fix a problem we cannot recreate. 

We would like to understand what the issue is and need all the information you have regarding your particular environment - the more information we have the better. And then (if necessary) we can provide a fix. Do remember to ensure there is not a conflict with another plugin you are using.

Thanks

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News Views