Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Make A Second Fixed Section

Question

Posted · Report post

Is there a way to have a second fixed section that isn't a sitewide element? I would like to have the site's section titles like "Portfolio" or "About Us" remain at the top of the page while scrolling. I would need this section to have the capability of changing text depending on the section of the site its on.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hey there!

By "a second fixed section" I assume you mean a second navigation in addition to the fixed one. Have you tried using the ScrollSpy section? It should fit the bill.

You can find further information about ScrollSpy here: http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/using-scrollspy

Posted · Report post

Thanks Stefan but I don't think you understood what I meant. I don't want a secondary navigation but rather just a title section so that visitors can see what page they are on. So if a visitor clicks on the main nav to view my portfolio pages of the site, this "secondary fixed section" should display the word "portfolio". I want this section to stay below the fixed main nav even when the page is scrolled. I can't just stick a textbox in the main nav fixed section because it will show up on the entire site. I only want these section titles to show up on their appropriate site locations ("portfolio" on the portfolio pages, "About Us" on the pages with our firm's information, "Contact Us" on the page with contact information...

This seems like it would be a common task so try not to read too much into it. Many websites are set up like this. Here's a sketch to help out.

Thanks for informing me of what scrollspy is though. Never know that.

Posted · Report post

The simplest way to achieve this would be to use the NextBox section and simply add it underneath your Fixed Navigation section inside the Fixed Template Area and then add the following snippet of code to the NextBox section:

the_title('<h1>','</h1>');

This will give you the title of the page automatically.