Flipper not sizing images correctly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grossmanje

grossmanje

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

I've applied a FLIPPER section to the page, and the image of the post is very large even though I've selected "Thumbnail" as my image size.  When more post are added to the FLIPPER, the images start getting smaller.  However there might be times where I want just one image and I don't want them to be large and pixilated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

#2 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 964 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

If you have flipper in a column it's going to try and size to the column.  I suppose you could try targeting the component/section or just the image class and try to restrain it.  Flipper is going to pull from your posts or pages so I'd think typically you would end up with more than one image/post.  

#3 grossmanje

grossmanje

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Gotcha. It appears the selection for the image size, is just to tell it which version of the image to use, but doesn't affect the size output. So if you choose thumbnail it's going to be pixilated when there is only one.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

The Flipper section has thumbnail control option where you can select what type of image to use - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 grossmanje

grossmanje

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

Yes it has thumbnail support but selecting a thumbnail size doesn't reduce the size of the image if there is only one post.

As @

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

pointed out the image takes the size of the column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

If you want to only display one post and do not wish it to be full width, then simply resize the Flipper section using the width controls. If you want to only display one image, then why use the Flipper section to begin with, just use the MediaBox section.

#7 grossmanje

grossmanje

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

I'm using FLIPPER with a custom post type. It's showing "classes offered" on each teachers page. So sometimes there might be one or two offered and was hoping that could happen dynamically without having to manually adjust a column or just use a media box.

But does seem possible with this version. Maybe this is something that can be tweaked in future releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk