Our Store Developers Are Looking For Feature Requests

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Woops, posted too soon. Got it to work by pasting this exact line: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" user-scalable="YES">

It was the user-scalable="YES" that was missing.  Thanks to jmad for the suggestion! 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi all  -

It was suggested that I post my request here. 

It would be great to see a PayPal section available that would:

1. Connect to the PP acct;

2. Possibly keep the user on the site without taking them to PP;

3. Allow for options for adding multiple price/donation levels and product types;

4. Look good! I often have to break a site's design with crappy PP integration. And so many of the WP PP plugins are awful.

Thank you!

Posted · Report post

eglashcreative, if I understood your request fully, you want pre-defined options (e.g. drop down) for donation amounts. It seems https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-easy-paypal-payment-or-donation-accept-plugin/might be what you're looking for. I haven't used it before, but most support inquiries have been addressed and it's been updated recently so it might serve you well.

Posted · Report post

CliffordP I always prefer to use a PL section before going to a plugin, and since so many people use PayPal, I figure something like this would be useful for many users.

I am using http://quick-plugins.com/quick-paypal-payments/which works nicely, but, as you know, plugins are only trustworthy to a point.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Sections are just plugins built specifically for PageLines, but I get your point. I hope you find just what you want. :-)

Posted · Report post

Hi primetime. Thanks for the link.

I believe my already-existing Cool Carousel section would do the trick for you: http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/cool-carousel/

It can be full or content width and you can set it to 'random' ordering.

Check it out and let me know if it's not what you're looking for.

Posted · Report post

Hi CliffordP, are you able to show me a demo? I looked at your page before but wasn't able to determine if it does full-width images with the capability of adjusting the height of the images. Even a client's page would be fine.

Thanks,

Vincent

Posted · Report post

The store page's demo links to a page with many sliders on it showing the many options, including full width. PM me if you have follow up questions. Merry Christmas!

Posted · Report post

primetime, let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Posted · Report post

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I'll post anyway :)

After far too many backdoors attempts on my server I've narrowed the security holes down to those pesky third party plugins that stick at version 1 and never receive updates. I am so very tired of battling the Russians and Chinese that I figured I'd look to migrate all my plugins over to Pageline's equivalents. But obviously some are missing :( So I was wondering if Pagelines might look to develop their own versions of popular plugins that I/we would feel much safer using across all our sites. Or at a push maybe work with the popular plugins' devs to offer Pagelines certified editions available to club members only.

Some plugins I really need as part of the core Pagelines family...

1. Advanced calendar (currently use Time.Ly)

2. Image/video gallery (currently use next-gen and JIG)

3. Advanced contact form (currently use some POC 3rd party, cannot use Jetpack as it's blocked in China where I work)

4. Ecommerce

You could hold a vote for the most popular plugin for each function category?

Just a thought :)

Best

Barney

Posted · Report post

bjs198, there is no PL-specific events calendar at this time.

For gallery, you could use Jetpack or http://www.pagelines.com/product-category/third-party-extensions/galleries-third-party-extensions/

For contact form, could use http://www.pagelines.com/shop/club/pagelines-poppy/or Ninja Forms or Gravity Forms or some others in WP Repo.

For eCommerce, PL is designed to work with WooCommerce.

Posted · Report post

CliffordP yeah that wasn't really my point, and as I said you can't use Jetpack in some countries, well 'officially' anyway. I'm slowly making the move away from 'third party' modules and hope to work exclusively within the Pagelines family within a year or three, I was just hoping that Pagelines might consider rolling out some more 'standard modules' sooner rather than later allowing us DMSers a more complete experience. I appreciate the 'why reinvent the wheel' scenario but I would trust a core Pagelines module over a third party plugin anyday. I'm just tired of worrying about these crap plugins that we seem to have to rely on, so why not absorb the functionality in to DMS and charge a few bucks for it? It would add so much value to the system and offer a much more dynamic user experience imo.

Did I say I hate third party plugins?

Thanks for the considerate reply though ;)

Best

Posted · Report post

bjs198  It would certainly be nice to see a built-in forms handler for DMS2 so we wouldn't have to battle the styling.

Posted · Report post

1. Anything Box Section

2. Rev-Slider - base the background position of the video on CSS so we can overright it in a custom css panel

3. Easier Universal Padding Control around sections

4. More Options in Typography (Footer Text / Nav Text / Header Text / Body Text

Plugins/sections I would love

A Content Width Rev Slider section.

A post list section (with options to display post lists based on cat / tag / etc)

Always LOVE it when new sections are released.  Thanksl!!!