dms-versus-wpml DMS versus WPML

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

First I want to tell you that i'm very excited about DMS Pagelines. The options are endless and pretty easy to work with... But I have a problem!
I'am working at a site (nieuw.beneilers.nl) in different languages,Dutch, German, English and France, for this I use the WPML plugin.
…so far so good.
There is no problem when I'm uploading and saving a image in the REV slider in the dutch version of the site (The basic language)
The problem starts with uploading images in the REV Slider and/or the Highlights in (for example) the german translation. It shows the Image (PNG 770 KB) in the Slide-Setup but when I want to refresh it the REF slider shows a broken image and doesn't recognize the relevant image!

P.s. for this website (nieuw.beneilers.nl) I use DMS 1.1.8
Edited by bartje69

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

When you inspect the image using Chromes dev tools, does you get any errors ? Also what is the URL for the image when you inspect the HTML in the dev tools ?

If you disable all active plugins except for WPML does the issue persist ?

If so, then you're going to need to remove that coming soon page/plugin, so we can view the site ourselves. Also, make sure all plugins are disabled and active DMS debug mode (WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines, scroll to the bottom and check the option).

Hi,

I found this:

[Tue Jul 15 16:16:10 2014] [error] [client 94.214.100.80] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /var/www/vhosts/beneilers.nl/site2/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Slider_12062014_Eilers_23.png on line 125, referer: http://nieuw.beneilers.nl/de/

[Tue Jul 15 16:16:19 2014] [error] [client 94.214.100.80] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/vhosts/beneilers.nl/site2/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Slider_12062014_Eilers_24.png on line 218, referer: http://nieuw.beneilers.nl/de/

[Tue Jul 15 16:16:28 2014] [error] [client 94.214.100.80] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'C\xf4\xdb\x87\xb00\xfe\x92' (T_STRING) in /var/www/vhosts/beneilers.nl/site2/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Slider_12062014_Eilers_22.png on line 861, referer: http://nieuw.beneilers.nl/de/ 

[Tue Jul 15 16:15:05 2014] [error] [client 94.214.100.80] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'C\xf4\xdb\x87\xb00\xfe\x92' (T_STRING) in /var/www/vhosts/beneilers.nl/site2/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Slider_12062014_Eilers_22.png on line 861, referer: http://nieuw.beneilers.nl/de/ 

[Tue Jul 15 16:14:58 2014] [error] [client 94.214.100.80] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '~' in /var/www/vhosts/beneilers.nl/site2/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Test.png on line 39, referer: http://nieuw.beneilers.nl/de/

I deactivated all the plugins and still I have the same problem….the DMS debug is active!

P.s the coming soon plugin of de site nieuw.beneilers.nl  is also deactivated 

Edited by bartje69

Posted · Report post

Where did you find those errors ?

Also, have you added any custom CSS or LESS CSS as you have a LESS issue?

The people of the buro who are hosting the site found this errors and yes I add it some LESS CSS, but very simple ones like changing a background color or font…..noting special.

Edited by bartje69

Hi ,

In the meanwhile i am olso in touch with Amber from WPML and he wrote this:

Amber Martin wrote:

Hello,
I'm sorry but we can only do so much when the theme will not cooperate. I have tried to do everything I can to get it to work. It's a theme issue. We will reach out to them and see if they will work with us. Is it possible to use a different slider in place until we can get them to cooperate?
Thanks,
Amber

Amber Martin wrote:

Hello,
I have sent it to our compatibility team who will be working with them.
I will close this thread temporarily and open it back up once we have his cooperation. I urge you to contact him as well and let him know we are trying to work with him.
Thanks,
Amber

I tried the meta slider from wp and it works!

Edited by bartje69

Posted · Report post

Hi, can somebody cooperate whit wpml, because the problem is still not resolved!!

Posted · Report post

This is a mail that just received 

Hi Bart,

We want to work on this very much, but we need to have cooperation from Pagelines developers. 
We understand that they are busy and must attend to other issues right now. We recommend that you contact them and explain the situation. If needed, we will be happy to get involved there too.

If they can schedule some time to work with us, we can easily achieve complete compatibility. They can tell us when and give us a contact person and we will take it from there.

Regards,
Laura

Posted · Report post

When I view your site and see the errors, the error is related to a Server 500 error and an issue with a WordPress jquery file. You can see this on your browsers console. Therefore, I do not believe this is related to DMS. We have other users already using WPML and they do not appear to have any issue.

I think the best course of action would be to contact your web host provider.

Posted · Report post

Hey….but how is it possible that when I use the meta slider from wp it works, but when I use the Quick or REV slider from DMS it doesn't?