DMS 2 Template Corruptios

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi 

This is something that I've brought up before, but still persists and needs fixing.

There is an apparent bug in the Pagelines tempting system whereby if you take an original template and then save it as something else it still keeps an unruly content/class link to the original template. I have found that any section that has a class that was in the original template carries across a change from the old template from the updated new one. This means that you can be happily editing your new template without realising that it is causing havoc on the other template. This extends to removing drag and drop items in the new template - they will disappear in the original template. 

Getting rather fed up with having to recreate templates with original content and classes.

Glennyboy

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Sorry the title should read 'Template Corruptions' - couldn't find how to update the title?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

What do you mean by "it still keeps an unruly content/class link to the original template" ?

Are you referring to the section ID ?

Posted · Report post

Danny

Create a template then use that template as a new template. Make a change to the new template that has a class the same as the original one. Make a change and you'll see that it affects the original template too. This is a bug and happens to me regularly.

Glennyboy

Posted · Report post

I am not sure what you mean when you say this "Make a change to the new template that has a class the same as the original one." ?

Posted · Report post

Just create a template (add classes to canvas, text area etc) and then use that original template to create a new one. Now simply add content to the new template in a section with a class. Now edit / delete etc that/those sections. Go back to the original template and more often than not it is corrupted on the changes you just made on the new template.

Posted · Report post

OK, just so I understand you correctly. I need to create a template with the Canvas section which as a some custom classes via the style classes field option. Then add a section to the Canvas area such as the Masthead, which also has some classes via the custom classes field.

I now then need to make a new template based on this template, then delete or edit the Masthead section and add something else such as a Hero section. Upon save this will corrupt the previous template ?

Posted · Report post

yes that's what I've found on numerous occasions. Usually all it takes is an empty canvas with a class on the original template carried across to the new one.

Posted · Report post

Have you unlinked the templates before making your changes ?

Also, can you record a video of your issue please, as I am not entirely sure what the issue. You can use QuickCast or Jing.