#1 XBOS

XBOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK
  • Framework Version:Lite

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

Remember to include as much information about your technical issue as possible for example:
Website URL: http://www.cooljade.co.uk/
Framework Version: up to date
WordPress Version: up to date
Plugins in Use: All in one SEO pack & Jetpack
Server/Host:
Screenshots:
Details: built this website for a friend and it is cool thanks to your Theme & Wordpress.
However virtually every night - or every time I check - the Widget Footer just disappears or defaults. To reinstate my settings all I need to do is login to Wordpress and logout and it is fixed again. I have deleted unrequired Plugins and ensured everything is up to date - to no avail! Have a look and my Footer may be there ... Or Not!
Thanks in anticipation of any help.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi,

You're using an out of date version of PageLines Framework, please perform a backup as a precaution and then update to the latest version.

You can do this by downloading it from GitHub - https://github.com/p...Lines-Framework

#3 XBOS

XBOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Thanks Danny.

Sorry but I'm not very techie - I thought I had all up-to-date versions - I have WordPress 3.9.1 & Pagelines 1.4.5. installed on my site. When I check in WordPress they are all apparently the latest versions.

Can you please clarify your point "out of date"

Thanks, Dave

#4 XBOS

XBOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Danny

I'm just thinking that you are maybe saying Pagelines is now actually obsolete and I should use a different Theme - say DMS - is this your point?

Thanks, Dave

#5 XBOS

XBOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hi again Danny

Just noticed the very same issue on another website I helped with - http://www.scotlandtoursandgolf.co.uk

Please see that the Footer is currently partly misssing - The Latest & More are empty defaults I think - I don't want to login to WordPress as this will likely fix the problem (for a while).

Can you tell me why this might be happening with Pagelines?

Thanks, Dave

#6 XBOS

XBOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

... further investigations ... rather than Pagelines 1.4.5 should I be using Pagelines Framework 2.4.5?

If so, what are the implications? ...are they the same? ...And how do I change?

Thanks, Dave

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

I have viewed your site and I do not see any issue with the footer - https://cloudup.com/ceKOXkx3Mie

In regards to upgrading to the latest version, you will want to perform a backup as a precaution.

Once you have done that, please do the following:

1. Download the latest version of PageLines Framework from GitHub, using the link I provided above.

2. Once download, connect to your server using a FTP client

3. Then navigate to the following directory /wp-content/themes/

4. From there rename the pagelines folder to something like old_pagelines

5. Now extract the zip you download of PageLines Framework from GitHub

6. Once extracted, rename the folder to simply pagelines and then upload it to the /wp-content/themes/ via your FTP client

7. After the upload has been completed, you should have the following in your wp-content/themes/ folder old_pagelines and pagelines

Now simply go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard > Themes and enable the new PageLines Framework, you will be able to distinguish between the two by their version number.

#8 XBOS

XBOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Again Danny
Just asking as your solution appears a bit techie to me but can I not get the new version of Pagelines (or PageLines-Framework) by using the WordPress dashboard. That is - simply load a new theme and activate it - even via a tempory swap out to some other Theme?
Just looking for a very easy option!
Thanks, Dave

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

In order to use the WordPress theme installer, you will need to remove the PageLines Framework you have installed at the moment meaning you will need to delete it. I wouldn't advise this. If you're not comfortable with performing this on your own, you're free to contact one of our third party developers who may be able to assist.

http://docs.pagelines.com/resources

#10 XBOS

XBOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Hi Danny. I'm prepared to give the Theme delete & installer idea a go on Wordpress (having first noted & copied all my Theme setups) but I have tested and established elsewhere that I cannot even 'find' Pagelines Framework 2.4.5. to install.
Every time I try a find "Pagelines" I only get Pagelines 1.4.5. Appears to me that there is no Pagelines Framework 2.4.5 available on Wordpress!
This also means all Wordpress users are potentially installing a version of your Theme that you have confirmed is out of date and has known bugs, i.e. Pagelines 1.4.5!
I like the Theme and would like to use it on other websites but will obviously not now consider Pagelines 1.4.5. If I can not upgrade it.
So can you provide (or tell me how to access) an upgraded version (i.e. Pagelines Framework 2.4.5) for all Wordpress users to install USING the Wordpress Installer?

Thanks, Dave

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

You can use the WordPress installer, but you first need to download it from GitHub, which I linked above. The version of WordPress is the free version which has far as I am concerned has no bugs. I have tried that version on a test site of my mine and I have not encountered the footer disappearing at all. Therefore, the likely cause is either plugins you have installed or your server environment.

The version on GitHub was the Pro version which we made available for free as it is now a legacy theme, due to our latest product DMS. Therefore, you can download the Pro version from GitHub and then use the WordPress theme installer. However, you will need to extract the zip, rename the folder to simply pagelines, then archive it up again. Then use the WordPress installer.

However, before doing that you will want to connect to your site via an FTP client and then navigate to the following directory: /wp-content/themes/

Then rename the pagelines to something like this: old_pagelines

Once you have completed this, then you can install the pro version of PageLines Framework.

However, in my opinion the issue isn't with PageLines Framework, but with your server or the plugins you have installed.