Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Pagelines reverts itself

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Is there a fix in mind on upcoming updates to stop the possible reverting of dms?  I've seen many people have this issue, and I do to.  It's not a server issue.  I've had this issue happen on multiple server types from linux to microsofit, from godaddy to site5.  Even with only one plugin added.  

I'm scared to use pagelines sometimes, because it'll wipe out a whole header that I had in place.

Any ideas on what this bug is and if it is fixable?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Any ideas on what this bug is and if it is fixable?

Each issue has to be investigated on it's own merits and in it's own setting. Do you have an example of a site or site's where this is happening for you? if so can you provide us with the following information for each site and we can investigate this for you site by site. 

Remember to include as much information about your technical issue as possible for example:

Website URL:
Framework Version:
WordPress Version:
Plugins in Use:
Server/Host:
Screenshots:
Details:

Posted · Report post

1. Website url =  http://www.ccdentalcareharrisburgpa.com/50percentoffer/   (except we just had to fix and rebuild the issue)

harrisburglocalinfo.com

So many websites.  Every time I use pagelines

2. Framework version - all the way from 2 versions past to the most recent 

3. Wordpress versions from 3.9 to 3.9.1

4. The ccdental = no plugins except a contact 7 other sites we have 0 plugins to 10 random ones.

5. Same server  - Site5 - Most udpated apache linux server.  

6. Asking for a screenshots?  What screenshot if it clears out everything.  https://www.evernote.com/shard/s106/sh/81bf6b8d-b361-4533-a0db-ea32aae6d41c/5ca6c4b8886d9c345a0aef51867bf074  The css stays but it clears out sections.

7. Details:  For the ccdental, all we did was tried to change the site url and home url to something new.  Other times we went to the themes page in the backend to customize and it reset to the original dms2 settings,  other times just simple css editing.

I can't rely on pagelines any more :/  Was always a large fan, but if pagelines even has a bug that clears itself randomly I can't rely on it.  We even tried backing up the databsae files and the original files but it didn't work.

Posted · Report post

HI,

PageLines DMS does not have a bug that clears itself upon update, if it did it would be fixed ASAP. If there was such a bug and was still present then the forums would be filled with complaints.

The most likely issue is either a plugin conflict, a script conflict or a server issue. When you say multiple server types are you referring to an actual server you own or just the software that is installed on the server your site is running from ?

As, the users to my knowledge who experienced this kind of issue were all using shared hosting. Shared hosting is cheap web hosting and isn't something we recommend, the reason for this is, that all hosts who provide a cheap shared hosting option, add as many sites as possible to one server. This means all the sites on that server are all using the same resources, this has a huge impact on performance. Another thing, these hosts do on shared hosting is include scripts that prevent the server from doing certain actions, these can cause DMS and other themes to not work as intended.

I've used Site5 in the past and certainly wouldn't recommend them as a host, as I had nothing but downtime and problems. I have a few live sites all running on FlyWheel and whenever I update my DMS to the latest version, the site remains intact which is what is intended.

Therefore, can you provide a list of sites that are using DMS and enable DMS debug mode on all them. Also, please include a link to the host that is hosting that site. You can enable DMS debug mode via WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines, scroll to the bottom and check the option.