Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Migrating Pagelines Site to Different Domain/Hosting

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey Guys,

I am building a website for a client on a test domain on my personal hosting and I would like to transfer the pagelines site to their domain and hosting.

What is the procedure for backing up the site, including the pagelines data?

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You will need to export your WordPress content, as DMS can't do that for you. So you need to export your WordPress content i.e. posts, pages, categories, attachments etc.. and then run the DMS export tool. Then go to your new domain and import the WordPress file, then the DMS file.

I always keep a backup in a separate text file for all my custom CSS used on the site and store this in a safe place. I keep all mine in a GitHub private repo, but used DropBox before that.

Posted · Report post

Danny Thanks for getting back to me. To clarify, I know how to back up the wordpress database, but I'm under the impression that doesn't include the pagelines stuff. When you say DMS import/export options, what exactly are you referring to. Sorry I have no experience with this transfer.

Posted · Report post

DMS includes import/export options like WordPress, you can use these options to import your templates, settings etc.. you can find them under Site Options.

Posted · Report post

Danny I have a couple clarification questions before I jump into this:

1.) Do I have to do anything beyond (Export DMS Config -> Publish and Download DMS Config) to maintain all the styling and settings I have put into place on the test domain?

2.) When I have downloaded the DMS Config, do i just go to the new domain I want it at, upload pagelines dms 2 and Click "DMS Config File" under "DMS Import"?

3.) If I do these 2 steps will my site be an exact copy of what I created on my test domain?

Thank you for the help. I just can't afford to mess this up for my client.

Posted · Report post

Danny I assume you meant "as DMS can't do that for you" Sounds pretty straight forward. I really appreciate the help man!

Posted · Report post

AH yeah my bad! just fixed that mistake and no problem.