DMS 2 Updated and now many things broken

Question

Posted · Report post

I have just updated a website of mine and all hell broke loose! I have fixed most issues but I still can't:

1. Change the colour of an icallout to the link colour.

2. I can't remove the top left Eaves image on this page.

http://curiousartsfestival.com/music/

3. On some pages the rev slider I slides I had in the site months ago have reappeared. I want to hide the rev slider on all posts, I have many, do I really have to get the ID for each one? Most people only have the rev slider on their home page, would it not make sense to have a 'show' function as well as a hide? That way you can just show the 1 home page and it would automatically be hidden on the rest. 

Anyway, what is the solution for this now?

Any ideas?

The site is http://curiousartsfestival.com

Cheers

Ben

17 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Can anybody help with this? Too many errors have crept in to list. / being put before ' in text. Old images I removed months ago reappearing! This is so unstable its making me very nervous! Please help!

Ben

Posted · Report post

Is there some way to flush out old settings? Rest a cache? I have already done this in resets. Is there another way?

Ben

Posted · Report post

Please help!!! I am losing so much time trying to mend Pagelines problems. Any more issues like this I will have to move to a more stable and reliable platform. This is madness!

Posted · Report post

Is there any support for this product anymore?

Posted · Report post

Is anybody there?

Posted · Report post

Yes, we are here, sorry we missed your post.

1. You can add classes to sections, or use CSS to change the sections appearance, without knowing where this section is I cant comment further.

2. Im not sure what an Eaves Image is, or where it is to remove it. Again need some clarification there.

3. the revslider is on every page because you added it to the page header area, every page post will have a header therefore it appears in it. I'd move the revslider into the content area on the page where you want it to appear.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for responding. I have since lost all styling and settings. I was poking around and selected Customise and the whole site dropped everything. My host don't keep DB backups. I need to rebuild the whole site!! Is there anything I can do to recover some settings?

Also, settings are still not sticking. Selecting menus or colours needs to be done 3 or 4 times. Please help! I'm drowning here with a very unhappy client.

Ben

Yes, we are here, sorry we missed your post.

1. You can add classes to sections, or use CSS to change the sections appearance, without knowing where this section is I cant comment further.

2. Im not sure what an Eaves Image is, or where it is to remove it. Again need some clarification there.

3. the revslider is on every page because you added it to the page header area, every page post will have a header therefore it appears in it. I'd move the revslider into the content area on the page where you want it to appear.

Posted · Report post

The customise button should just redirect you to the front page. I wish there was a way to disable it but WordPress in their infinite wisdom wont allow plugins or themes to turn the thing off.

I looked at your site again, it looks exactly the same as it did 30 mins ago for me.

My host don't keep DB backups.

No backups? thats insane?

Posted · Report post

What can I do about always losing settings? It take 3 or 4 goes to get anything to stick.

Posted · Report post

If it is taking your three or four tries before your settings/styles are saving, then the likely cause is either a cache plugin or your host configuration.

When it comes to host, cheap is always bad, thats why we recommend FlyWheel to all users.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, any idea what the server configuration issues could be? Is there a known list? I have a VPS, so I can get it configured how I like.

Cheers

Ben

Posted · Report post

Also, do you mean the cache from a plugin? How can I really flush all old data? I've had a few instances where an image I used in the revslider months ago reappeared. It's still in the media list but not used.

Posted · Report post

I am by no means a server configuration expert, so I can't really inform you of a setup that will work flawlessly. However, the fact that you have a VPS and your site is taking 3-4 attempts to save changes means there is certainly something not right, as a VPS should be rapid and save things first time, which is how DMS is supposed to work.

Therefore, it could be cache set on your server or any number of things. I think the best course of action would be provide your debug information, tell us who is your VPS host and provide your PHP info.

Also, disable your cache plugin, as it really shouldn't be needed on a VPS and see if this resolves most of your issues.

Posted · Report post

I am by no means a server configuration expert, so I can't really inform you of a setup that will work flawlessly. However, the fact that you have a VPS and your site is taking 3-4 attempts to save changes means there is certainly something not right, as a VPS should be rapid and save things first time, which is how DMS is supposed to work.

Therefore, it could be cache set on your server or any number of things. I think the best course of action would be provide your debug information, tell us who is your VPS host and provide your PHP info.

Also, disable your cache plugin, as it really shouldn't be needed on a VPS and see if this resolves most of your issues.

Hi Danny

I don't have a cache plugin installed. Whats the next step? The site is crippled, I just can;'t do anything.

Ben

Posted · Report post

I wasn't referring to cache plugin, it could well be cache configured on your server. I think the best course of action would be for you to contact your VPS provider and ask them for assistance.

Posted · Report post

Ok thanks Danny.

Posted · Report post

No problem and keep us posted.