Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wordpress/Buddypress cannot find my bbPress bb-config.php file

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm using PlatformPro. I installed BuddyPress and had it all working fine, no 404 errors or anything. So once I figured I had it working I installed bbPress. I chose to have it integated with my WordPress/BuddyPress site. I filled out the 3 step form generated by <bb-admin/install.php> and was under the impression that everything went well. I even got an email message telling me the forum was installed properly. I logged back into my Wordpress and went to the BuddyPress>Forum setup attempted the "Use an existing bbPress installation" but I keep getting the message, "The bb-config.php file was not found at that location, please try again. " Is there anywhere that I can find a fix or suggestions how to fix. Also, I can see the new forum outside my wordpress site but even though I can see the Forum home page and can see that I am logged in, I cannot adjust settings because I can see no Admin area. IOW, the Admin link is dead. <http://lhhs69.com/forum>

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

What was the problem if you don't mind me asking. Someone will likely find it useful in the future.

Posted · Report post

Update I can access my forum admin area directly from the forum folder now but bbPress is still not integrated with BuddyPress/Wordpress site. It cannot find the bb-config.php file when I try to use the BuddyPress/Forum setup option. No matter what path scenario I attempt to use. I've tried like a dozen different ways to communicate to BuddyPress where that file is located and still get the message, "The bb-config.php file was not found at that location, please try again. " The file is there. I've seen it and opened it. Nothing looks out of place to me.

Posted · Report post

I found my problem. Feel quite sill now. Sure wish we could delete posts we create. It might be a good thing.