The Old Not Saving Changes Dance

Question

Posted · Report post

I really enjoy the power of PageLines DMS. The speed and ease of editing and redesigning a site is fantastic.

What I do not enjoy is the difficulty I experience every time I want to make changes. I see many posts in the forums about edits/changes not being saved. The response is always the same: turn off all plugins, clear caches, and disable all chrome extensions. 

Is this really the way to treat such s recurring theme in the forums?

Worse, for me at least, is it seems the magic dance of what I need to do to get DMS saving my edits changes every time I go to make changes. So now I spend an inordinate amount of time trying different combinations of things to get the editing ability to work. 

This, in my view, nullifies the promise of DMS--the ability to make changes on the fly on a live website. While this may work with a few sites, I suspect that there are many users, based on the number of posts about DMS not saving work, that suffer from this issue. 

I mean, if I need to put my website into an unusable state just so I can make some edits to the front end via PageLines DMS what have I gained? 

I implore you to find a solution to this issue. Return errors so that we can begin to help you guys fix this. It is bad enough that the work is not saved, but there are not even any errors being reported that I can find!!!

I understand the complexity of what you have done, and I applaud your work. But I find a fatigue setting in on my side where I just do not know if the continued chasing my tail to get my work to save is worth continued use of this framework.

31 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I was looking at the page source and I can find a mix of http and https scattered throughout the page. So clearly something is not being set correctly...

Posted · Report post

can you save the page source, zip it up and send it to me via PM?

Posted · Report post

Simon_P I just sent the PM over to you. I did not see a way to attach the file. So I sent you a link to grab it from Dropbox.

Posted · Report post

UM, i have no idea what that file was, totally unreadable and it was cached anyway.

What I need you to do is login to the site, with the editor OPEN. Then in chrome go to view source, copy/paste into a text file and send me that.

Posted · Report post

Poorly formatted file on my part. Sorry about that. Updated file sent to your PM.

Posted · Report post

OK thats better ;) the admin-ajax.php URLS in the page are all https:// so that isnt the issue.