DMS 2 Site Set to DMS 2 Default

Question

Posted · Report post

I have built a site for a client on SellmanFurniture.com it has been up and running for about a month. When I logged in today the pages other than the homepage were linking to the DMS2 Default pages, without any of my customizations.

Then about 30 minutes later the homepage was set to the Default DMS2 as well. I have not changed any part of the code or settings. Need to know why this is occuring, how to fix it, and how to make sure it never happens again.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi kylejones41

When you say default pages what do you mean? Do you mean the welcome page? 

Could we have the following information please

Remember to include as much information about your technical issue as possible for example:
Website URL:
Framework Version:
WordPress Version:
Plugins in Use:
Server/Host:
Screenshots:
Details:

This is requested when you create a new topic 

Posted · Report post

Default as in exactly what you get when you first install Pagelines DMS2, no logos, images, content, pages, nothing. 

http://sellmanfurniture.com

DMS2

Uptodate Wordpress

Server: Hostgator  web.webbyjones.com

Plugins:

Asismet

Dms Developer Tools

DMS Professional Tools 

facebook All-in-one DMS

Footer Extras DMS

Gravity Forms

KB Robots.txt

Pagelines Customize

Pagelines Updater

TinyMCE Advanced

UberMenu 2 

UberMeny Adapter

Ultimate Coming Soon Page

Posted · Report post

WP Super Cache.

Thanks for your help. Pretty scary though, not sure how or why this could occur.

Posted · Report post

Hello kylejones41

Have you since rebuilt your site? Checking out http://sellmanfurniture.com/ shows your site. 

First thing to be aware of is what you were doing when this happened. Could we have the exact steps - what exactly did you click after logging in in order to see your site? 

Also >

The following plugins are not required / have not been updated to be used in DMS 2 and would need to be removed 

• facebook All-in-one DMS
  • Footer Extras DMS

The following plugin is not designed to be used with DMS and is intended for use with the PageLines Framework.

• Pagelines Customize

Could you remove these please?

Could you enable debug for us please in Site Settings > advanced. 

Posted · Report post

I have disabled all these except for Facebook all in one, I need this plugin. I rebuilt the site completely last night, was looking fine, now I login today to try and remove the date from my posts and everything in the header and footer goes back to the basic Pagelines DMS2 settings with none of my customization.

I need to know a way to save this and not have it overrun with no notice. Maybe pagelines just isn't for me, but some help in the matter would be appreciated. 

Posted · Report post

What happened when you tried to remove the date from your posts? exactly what did you do? Which menu items did you click. Could you give us exact steps and we can help with this.