DMS 2 Default Featured Image Size

Question

Posted · Report post

Guy,

What is the default featured image size and is there an option to change it to a custom one?

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

Firstly, I apologise, for some reason your post got lost in the topic que, not entirely sure how that happened. So I am looking into that for you.

There is no default featured image size, you're free to upload whatever sized image you like, although I wouldn't upload one that as huge dimensions. Then what happens is that the image will be resized.

If you can provide a link to the site in question and what size you're after we may be able to assist you. If you want a custom size, then you will likely need to use custom CSS.

Posted · Report post

I understand. I'm sure you've had many other requests going on.

Could I have the custom CSS code to have the images show at 1920x803px ?

Posted · Report post

Why would you want a posts featured image to be that size, that is simply far too large for a post image, especially if you want these images on multiple posts. By doing this, your blog page will have increase load unless you use a cdn and have VPS/dedicated server.

I wouldn't recommend customizing your posts featured images to be this large nor is this something we can provide support for.

Posted · Report post

I do have a VPS server and the size is for retina and non-retina devices. I simply use this aspect ratio. So can you suggest the code or?

Posted · Report post

If you enable Legacy mode on the WP-Content/PostLoop section, you can select the post thumbnail option On Top, this uses the full sized image instead of a thumbnail. However, it won't have those dimensions and I am not even sure why you would want a thumbnail that large to begin with ?

If you want a post featured image to appear on screen as 1920x803px then it is likely going to take up most of the screen real estate, especially on users who do not have retina displays or large monitors. So it simply isn't practical.

If you want to go ahead and do this, then you will need to use extensive CSS, this isn't something we provide. As you will likely need to override quite a few default styling to have an image this size. The best thing to do, is for you to inspect the elements yourself using Chromes DevTools and make the alternations there and see how it works.

However, I honestly wouldn't recommend attempting to make your posts thumbnails 1920x803px in dimension.