Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Text color fixed navbar is same as background

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys,

As you can see on my website: www.kalender-verhuur.nl

The text color of the navbar (fixed) is white, so is the navbar itself. Therefore the text is invisble. Only when you do something like CTRL+A, you can see the text.

I tried multiple ways to change the navbar text color but unfortunately it didn't work. Can someone please help me to get the text in the color I want, preferably black please.

Thanks!

16 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi @kulmetehan 

Could you make sure you are running the latest version of DMS 

Install the PageLines updater to get notifications of updates and update properly http://screencast.com/t/YO2rTI1y4FC

Posted · Report post

You can do this with some simple CSS. 

What are the multiple ways you have tried already? Please let us know and we can suggest changes to the methods you have tried. 

Posted · Report post

You can do this with some simple CSS.

What are the multiple ways you have tried already? Please let us know and we can suggest changes to the methods you have tried.

Hey Martin, thanks for the reply! I tried it by changing the color option in the fixed menu option. Unfortunately that didn't work. Buggy or is it just me?

I am not a real pro in css but I also tried to fix it by giving it a style class etc. unfortunately that didnt work either. I used help from w3school etc.

I'm writing from my phone now therefore I can't copy paste the exact codes I tried.

Thats actually what I tried. Hope you can help.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

Thank you for the update, lets us know the code when you get to your machine and we can see if this is causing any problems. 

Posted · Report post

Thank you for the update, lets us know the code when you get to your machine and we can see if this is causing any problems.

Is it really necessary for us to discuss which codes I used?

The problem is that the fixed navbar is automatically using white text on a white background. This isn't correct.

I believe we should find out why it does this and how to fix it in stead of looking for a workaround trough CSS.

Don't you agree?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

There must be a reason this is not working correctly. Either there is incorrect code added or conflicting code somewhere. 

Looking at your CSS i can see something is overriding the Default CSS making the menu text appear white. 

If you have added inline style or CSS to your Custom Code area this may be where this is coming from. If you have tried to change the code by adding CSS and the CSS change did not work then this could point to some incorrect CSS already entered. One wrong piece of code in your Custom CSS or inline style can stop subsequent changes from taking. 

Posted · Report post

There must be a reason this is not working correctly. Either there is incorrect code added or conflicting code somewhere. 

Looking at your CSS i can see something is overriding the Default CSS making the menu text appear white. 

If you have added inline style or CSS to your Custom Code area this may be where this is coming from. If you have tried to change the code by adding CSS and the CSS change did not work then this could point to some incorrect CSS already entered. One wrong piece of code in your Custom CSS or inline style can stop subsequent changes from taking. 

Thanks for the reply, I've reached my computer now and I can tell you the following:

- The only code I have in custom css is to enlarge my quickslider. It's:

.mainslider img {
 min-height: 275px; 
}

That's all I have written in my Custom LESS/CSS section.

- In the custom script section I have nothing. Not even an analytics code.

I removed the code to enlarge the quickslider to see if it was causing the error. It didn't. There isn't any other code. 

In this screenshot you can see the settings I chose:

I'm really curious about what it could be.

Posted · Report post

Could you go to the WordPress Admin > PageLines > and enable debug for me please? 

Posted · Report post

Could you go to the WordPress Admin > PageLines > and enable debug for me please? 

Done!

Posted · Report post

Hmm, could you just try disabling the form builder plugin for us also? 

If you want to send us an admin logon for your site then we can jump on and take a little look for you if you like. Please send the logon to hello @ PageLines dot com if you like us to do so. 

Also could you make sure you are running the latest version of DMS - you have 2.0 at the moment. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Martin Davies

Hey Martin,

As mentioned in the other post, I've sent you the credentials.

I hope you can find out what's going on.

Edited by kulmetehan

Posted · Report post

Also, you will need to remove the class 'headermenu' that you have added to your inline style field here http://screencast.com/t/N5W1MekAp

Posted · Report post

Hi @kulmetehan 

Could you make sure you are running the latest version of DMS 

Install the PageLines updater to get notifications of updates and update properly http://screencast.com/t/YO2rTI1y4FC

Well, what do you know... It worked! :) Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Great news - which one worked? Updating? or removing the custom class? 

Thank you for letting us know 

Posted · Report post

The update made it all work. Unfortunately it did also reset my footer and header, but that's easily fixed.

Posted · Report post

ok. Thank you for letting us know. Best to always be running the latest release. Updater will make sure you are aware of updates.