Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soapboxes on Home Page

Question

Posted · Report post

My URL is www.booklovingboys.com. I want two soapboxes to appear on my home. The two that are shown. So, I've selected to have them as part of the header because that seems to be the only way. If I choose to have the soapboxes in the header, then it seems that I have to select "Hide Soapboxes" on every single post page to avoid having ALL of the soapboxes publish on the post pages, see http://www.booklovingboys.com/?p=154. This makes no sense to me. Is there any way to configure the home page separately or use a different header on the subsequent pages? Or am I just confused about something?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

yeah would recommend putting them in the header. Just add them to a template, and adjust the padding with CSS. (use firebug to get the rules) That help?

Posted · Report post

Hello, In the Template Setup (under Settings), you can select the "Posts Pages" template in the dropdown list and disable the Soapboxes by dragging it to the right side (Available/Disabled sections box). The same could be done with the "Single Post Page" template if you'd like to eliminate the Soapboxes in individual posts.

Posted · Report post

I checked and they are disabled. The soapboxes are part of the header though. When they are not part of the header, there was a lot of padding around them that I was trying to avoid.