Photo

Soapboxes on Home Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 togorman

togorman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

My URL is www.booklovingboys.com. I want two soapboxes to appear on my home. The two that are shown. So, I've selected to have them as part of the header because that seems to be the only way. If I choose to have the soapboxes in the header, then it seems that I have to select "Hide Soapboxes" on every single post page to avoid having ALL of the soapboxes publish on the post pages, see http://www.booklovingboys.com/?p=154. This makes no sense to me. Is there any way to configure the home page separately or use a different header on the subsequent pages? Or am I just confused about something?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hello, In the Template Setup (under Settings), you can select the "Posts Pages" template in the dropdown list and disable the Soapboxes by dragging it to the right side (Available/Disabled sections box). The same could be done with the "Single Post Page" template if you'd like to eliminate the Soapboxes in individual posts.

#3 togorman

togorman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:44 AM

I checked and they are disabled. The soapboxes are part of the header though. When they are not part of the header, there was a lot of padding around them that I was trying to avoid.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

yeah would recommend putting them in the header. Just add them to a template, and adjust the padding with CSS. (use firebug to get the rules) That help?