Photo
- - - - -

"Forced To Row" -- too much space between lines

Best Answer Danny , 10 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

I've logged into your site and added some custom CSS which remove the white space from some of the sections, thus reduces the gap between the sections. This is simple CSS, in future you will need to do this yourself, which you can do by using your browsers dev tools.

If you view your custom CSS you find the following:

/* Danny's custom css
 * which removes the white
 * space from the header sections
 * DO NOT REMOVE
*/

#quickslideru39nfwi .flex-gallery {
  margin-bottom: 0;
}

#simple_navuxr7drv .pl-section-pad {
  padding-top: 0;
  padding-bottom: 0;
}

Do not remove it unless you're not happy with the results.
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 thesongchanneler

thesongchanneler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Framework Version:Free

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hi @Danny .. I removed the column and slider and reinserted and the same situation with the extra space under the slider occurs. Is there a way for me to go into the code to fix this? And if so, how?

#22 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Can you contact our helpdesk and provide the following information please.

* A link to this topic so our staff have something to reference

* A link to the site in question

* Your admin username/password

* Make sure all plugins are disables

* Make sure DMS debug mode is active.

hello at pagelines dot com

Once you have used the above email, our staff will add your information to a mod note on this topic. Then we can take a look at your site.

#23 thesongchanneler

thesongchanneler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Okay, thank you

#24 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:16 PM   Best Answer

I've logged into your site and added some custom CSS which remove the white space from some of the sections, thus reduces the gap between the sections. This is simple CSS, in future you will need to do this yourself, which you can do by using your browsers dev tools.

If you view your custom CSS you find the following:

/* Danny's custom css
 * which removes the white
 * space from the header sections
 * DO NOT REMOVE
*/

#quickslideru39nfwi .flex-gallery {
  margin-bottom: 0;
}

#simple_navuxr7drv .pl-section-pad {
  padding-top: 0;
  padding-bottom: 0;
}

Do not remove it unless you're not happy with the results.

#25 thesongchanneler

thesongchanneler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hi Danny.....  Thank you so very much for doing that....   Listen, tho... there still seems to be quit a bit of extra space between all the elements on my site (vertically, specifically).... I tried configuring the elements in various ways, and there just is a lot of space....is there anything else I can do? I saw in some other posts a mention of a PLUGIN that helps reduce padding?? I could not find that plugin tho... can you direct me to it? Is it a Wordpress plug in... or a DMS one? Is there anything else that can be done to remove padding/space?

Thank you for your service. It doesn't go unnoticed.

#26 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Not sure what plugin you're referring to. If you want to reduce all padding, you will want to see first what you have set the padding to on your canvas sections. If this isn't the padding you're referring to, but the padding on specific sections, then you will need to use custom CSS.

#27 thesongchanneler

thesongchanneler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

HI @Danny... I'll just ask you for help one more time, and then drop it...  thank u again for putting in custom code to help remove the space between my logo/slider and the nav bar below...but the space looks as large as ever..  I did have to remove and replace the slider, etc...but it's the same set-up.... I don't know if me doing so changed something, or if the space never reduced much, but please take a look and notice that the space is yet substantial: SongCreationArts.com   ....I really don't want to abandon ship and start with a different theme and start over, but that space is too much for me to bear. and it feels like I may need to.  Is there something you can adjust on the code to fix it more? It looks as big as it ever did, before you inputted code.

1000 mahalos for your help

#28 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

OK, I have viewed your site again and as far as I can tell, the issue is related to this <span class="pl-column-forcer">&nbsp;</span> being added to your DOM. Which is causing an extra space, I far as I can tell, this is a bug which I have reported.

#29 thesongchanneler

thesongchanneler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

Thanx, @Danny, for reporting the bug...   Will someone contact me if and when it can be fixed? 

Additionally, my editor now is not loading, and I asked about this in a NEW TOPIC: http://forum.pagelin...fix-javascript/  I am mentioning it here in case the two issues are related (the "bug" and my editor not loading), so that you are aware. Please see my new topic for screen shot. THANK YOU!