6 replies to this topic

#1 MikeG

MikeG

• Members

• 11 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hi all,

First off, I can't post in the pro forums despite having put my key in my profile :( 

Okay, on to the issues:

1) Templates... 

a) I've made a template, I go to a page, head to page set-up, load template. Then in the top-nav admin bar, it still say's "Template: Custom (no template)" <-- is this right?

B) How on earth do I make a new template for a different page?! So far I've made a homepage template I'm happy with,  but when I navigate to a new WP page, how do I make a new template for that page? I mean, I've tried 'saving template' again on the new page, giving the template a different name ("Subpage1") but after doing that, when I make edits and save to the "Subpage1" template, it seems to make the change globally, effecting the homepage template that I'm happy with and don't want to change :(

This brings me on to problem 2:

2) Download the DMS 2 manual...

I've found the manual on Scribd, which is kinda 'ok', but I hate using scribd to view a manual - I don't like it's interface and I hate it's search functionality. 

I've spent 15mins on Pagelines AND Google trying to download a pdf version - for a product I've PAID for? I kinda expected a download link to be in my account along with the actual product downloads! Surely it can't be the case that I've paid for a developer license for a product and I have to either view the manual on Scribd, or pay Scribd to allow me to download it?! <-- Maybe I've missed a download link, it is Friday  after all :P

Thanks in advance for any help with the 3 points above (old issue of not being able to post in paid section event tho I've put my dev key in, template probs, and manual download)

Mike.

#2 MikeG

MikeG

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

Okay - Can't seem to edit the post above, but I've figured out what was wrong re: changing one template effecting the other! It was my mistake on that one, the area was in the header :)

So on the template issue above, there's just the issue of it still seemingly saying there's no template loaded :(

Also this does then raise a question, how can I have different header or footer areas on different pages if I wanted to?

Rest of the questions above still stand :)

#3 MikeG

MikeG

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Any reply to the above???

#4 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

Please contact the desk with regards your forum account and they will be able to make sure you have the correct permissions and your account is in order. You can contact the desk on hello @ PageLines dot com

we cannot help with account issues on the open forum.

The manual is available online from the Help section of the DMS visual editor. You can download from scribd if you are signed up and have submitted approved documents.

I will mention this to core team now and let you know ASAP.

Also this does then raise a question, how can I have different header or footer areas on different pages if I wanted to?

Rest of the questions above still stand :)

you can hide the header or footer elements using the Pro Tools 'section hide' feature. Just add the page specific items you want to show in the header and footer and hide them or show them on specific pages. 

#5 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

HI Mike 

I have replied to your email from Friday. 

• MikeG likes this

#6 MikeG

MikeG

• Members

• 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Great, thanks Martin, I'll check that in a moment :)

HI Mike 

I have replied to your email from Friday. 

#7 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Ok great