• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stav0055

stav0055

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

I'm relatively new to website management, so I apologize in advanced for any ignorance on my part.

At the moment I am trying to post a new feature to our page. I wanted to have a pic in with the post, so I manually embedded it. When I checked the main page, however, nothing showed up except the excerpt.

I quick went back, edited the excerpt and discovered the Featured Image. Set the image, saved it, then went to check. The image shows up at the top of the post itself, but nothing comes up on the main page. No thumbnail or anything.

I already tried turning off all of our plugins and then turning them back on, so I know that it isn't a conflict there. I'm sure there is a setting that I haven't thought to click, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please, so we can take a closer look.

#3 stav0055

stav0055

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

Sure. Our web page is:  http://www.refugeradio.com/

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Are you uploading a Featured Image to your posts ?

Can you provide a screenshot of your Thumbnail settings from WordPress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Blog & Posts > Post Thumbnail Placement 

What options do you have selected for Post Thumbnail Placement ?

#5 stav0055

stav0055

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

At the time I originally posted I was. In the meantime I just embedded an image into the excerpt and post to make sure our page wasn't naked while we figured this out.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

Is this now resolved ?

#7 stav0055

stav0055

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

No. I think there is some confusion. I used a featured image. It didn't show up on our webpage's main page. While I was waiting to hear back from you I manually embedded a pic in the excerpt of the post to keep our page from looking naked.

What I am looking to fix/understand is why the featured image only shows up on the post's page, but not on our main page. The embedded pic is far from ideal, so I would like to figure out this feature issue.

Edited by stav0055, 23 June 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Featured Image, Thumbnail