Photo

Feature background color change

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobnotrob

bobnotrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

When inserting an image to be used in a Feature, my image is not as large as the PageLines demo image and I get a black bg color showing from behind my image. I can't find a setting to change this color. Please help. BOB

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

Go to Appearance > Editor and in the base.css file (which shows up automatically), add this code:

#feature-area .fcontainer{
			background: #COLORHERE url(../images/feature-area-bg.png) repeat-x left bottom;
		}

Replace "COLORHERE" with the color you desire (i.e. #fff for white).

#3 bobnotrob

bobnotrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:14 AM

Two problems with this. 1- When I go to Appearance>Editor the only CSS file showing up (automatically) is style.css not base.css. I am working with Platform Pro, so I don't know if that matters. 2- In the comments of style.css it says "- Customize PageLines themes by adding CSS in the theme settings or in a child theme. - Don't add it here; as it will either get overwritten by updates, or prevent you from updating at all." So I went to the Custom Code section of my theme Settings and inserted your code. It didn't work. I think I found a workaround using FireBug to identify the part of the pro.css file that controls this area and FireFile to save the edits. Just not sure if doing it this way messes other stuff up. Thanks.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

If you're working from the Platform Base (Child Theme), there is that base.css file where you can add the code and it will work, but if you are working with the Platform Professionl version, then editing the pro.css file can work, too (it's just highly recommended that the child theme CSS gets edited so the other CSS files won't be edited).

#5 bobnotrob

bobnotrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Catrina. I now finally understand your last sentence. I re-installed WP and started with a clean slate. Luckily the time I put into the process was the learning curve and I don't feel it was wasted.