Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Nav bar with logo centred? - Is it possible

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all 

Considering something for a new site and need to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Imagine I have six buttons in my nav bar. I what the logo to appear in the centre i.e. three buttons either side. Also I would like as the page scrolls that the navbar sticks to the top with a smaller (possibly different) logo still centred. 

Anyone familiar with Scroll Header Pro or Scroll Nav DMS sections by bestrag  know if they might do the trick?

Thanks

Keith

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Why not just use MediaBox on top of NavBar or SimpleNav or Navi? DMS 2 has a fixed area. Just put those 2 sections (image and nav) in the fixed top section.

Posted · Report post

Not exactly what I want. I need the logo in the centre of the navbar. Imagine three columns, the left column would have three buttons, the certre the logo and the right column the the other three buttons. The Buttons would also be aligned vertically centred! 

Posted · Report post

No need to use exclamation point...
Consider creating 2 menus in wp-admin, then using 3 columns in fixed area, SimpleNav on left, image in middle col, SimpleNav on right.

Posted · Report post

You could create LESS/CSS code for a class like .navmiddlelogo and then have a single menu in wp-admin and add the navmiddlelogo class to the 4th menu item (use Screen Options in wp-admin's Menu page).

Posted · Report post

Thanks CliffordP for your suggestions. Makes some sense. 

Danny thank you for the link. That didn't turn up when I did the search earlier but appears to the very close to what I want. I guess I'll be doing some messing with code over the next few days. 

Will let you both know how I get on. 

Keith

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No problem.