Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Platform Pro background image into clickable link?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have seen a few older posts and tried a few plugins but no luck so far in getting a background image specified in the Platform Pro settings, into a clickable url.

Any suggestions much appreciated :-)

We are using Platform Pro 1.6 with the left and right sidebars layout, Jetpack and WP 3.9.1. 

I don't mind a method that overwrites the Pagelines settings, but would be wary of custom code that might be lost on updating.

Thanks in advance

Posted · Report post

HI,

There is no option to do this, so you will need to use a plugin, I can't remember the name, but there is a few in the WordPress plugin repository, if you do a search you should find one. Just make sure that it has been updated recently.

Posted · Report post

Thanks.

I tried WP Backgrounds Lite with no joy and have stumbled across Custom Backgrounds for WordPress. After much head-scratching I have got it to work, but it's almost got too many features, and I don't know how compatible it will be with PageLines.

I'll do some more research and report back, but any other suggestions or advice is always welcome.

Posted · Report post

I can confirm it does appear to work, and I can get it to replace the PageLines background image setting with a custom background that is clickable on the left and right margins (page# section). Still some work to do on getting the sizing and placement of a background image though.

Posted · Report post

Awesome, I do remember a user having a similar request and he/she did use a plugin in the end.