Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 DMS theme changes being lost even after publishing

Question

Posted · Report post

I am using the Viewer theme on WPMU Dev multi site installation as a theme for the primary/main site. The theme works great and the features are great. But the changes to the theme are being lost when i come out of the editor even after publishing the changes and letting the indicator turn green to mean no unpub. changes.

I have tried this 3-4 times. Each time when i am in the editor, i do the changes hit publish and check on another browser. All works fine. Then i click on Network admin and then come back again to the DMS editor and every change is gone. I mean the logo change for some reason stays there. Few other changes that i did, exist no more.

I am clueless as to what is happening. Any pointers would be appreciated. The site url is www.cleanmarketingonline.net. Its hosted on VPS Cent OS with wildcard SSL enabled on it. If you need more details, let me know.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you disable all active plugins and see if the issue persists. If it does, then can you enable DMS debug mode on the site you linked above.

DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Advanced.

Posted · Report post

Disabled all plugins and enabled debugging. Did few changes on the site and the same thing. All the changes are getting washed out. Strangely the logo change has not reverted back all these times.

Please suggest a solution to this problem.

Posted · Report post

DMS debug mode is not active, can you enable it please.

Posted · Report post

OK, your debug info doesn't show anything that could cause this issue. Therefore, can you install one of the following apps:

http://quickcast.io/ - OSX

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html - Windows/OSX

Then record your issue please, so we can see it first hand.

Posted · Report post

Ah, you're using the WordPress Customize functionality, do not use this, as it isn't compatible with DMS. If you want to customize your site, use the DMS visual editor and toolbar.