• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 181 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm having a very frustrating experience that can be resolved really easily. There should be examples of each section live online. Then there should be links to those section examples from within the DMS toolbox section area.

Perhaps I’ve missed it, but is there nowhere online to see every section in action? I've found this page "http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/" but it's not really helpful because I don't know which sections I'm looking at or what they're called.  There is a 'portofolio' page I found, but it doesn't show off the sections in action, it just describes them.

A live visual reference of the sections in action would be a massive workflow improvement!

My current workflow:

1 - Go to explore the sections and select one

2 - Read about it and try to understand the often times very vague/abstract description.

For example, Popshot:

Description
An animated image shelf that pops up the images when the user scrolls them on page.

This means very little to me without having seen it.

3 - So, I look for a place to see it in action, but there is no link or picture.  

Why isn't there are link to it in action?

4 - Search on google for popshot dms and find yet another description that is lacking with a static image.

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2085 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hi @josh1178

Please, you can take a look to this

http://docs.pageline.../using-sections

#3 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks Batman, but it seems to not be complete and I still think a live demo with links directly from the section toolbox would be much more useful.

Thanks though!

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15907 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I be sure to pass this onto our developers.

#5 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

Not to beat a dead horse, but the documentation is really needing some double-checking and updates. Someone really needs to be paid to spend a week double-checking and fixing the documentation and links.

This is in the DMS2 Guide:

Dummy Data 
PageLines has a dummy data file available for download at docs.pagelines.com if you’d like to duplicate 
the functionality and content of the demo website. 

You can import this into your setup by going to "Tools" > "Import" in your admin panel, choosing 
"WordPress" and browsing for the file. There is also a video tutorial showing the process if you're a visual 
learner.

Ok, so where is this dummy data? Why is there no link there? Where is this video? Why is there no link there? The online documentation is not searchable either which makes this a huge pain. 

My 2 cents. ;)

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15907 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

The documentation is on my to-do-list as we aware that it is not up to scratch.

#7 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Is there a documentation bug list somewhere that users can contribute to? Maybe that would be more helpful to you guys to keep all sorts of discovered errors in a list. Just a thought. Each time someone runs into something they can post it there. Would be easier and cleaner than having to nag and create posts for each tiny thing found. :)

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15907 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

You can report any bugs to the Docs GitHub repo issues tracker here - https://github.com/p...nes/Docs/issues

• josh1178 likes this