Photo
- - - - -

A/B Testing - Is it possible with Pagelines to use standard wordpress plugins or other services?

a/b testing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 177 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Before I dive into building out an e-commerce site using pagelines, I'd like to know if it's possible to a/b test given that the whole Pagelines thing is a bit different from standard Wordpress themes. Does anyone have any experience a/b testing while running Pagelines DMS? What plugins or service (google, optimizely etc.) do you recommend.  

I'm not a pro developer, but I dabble in HTML and CSS. 

Thanks

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1993 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Hi @josh1178

Please, you can go to the Dashboard > Home and you see the plugins or service recommend 

http://screencast.com/t/et0tnS4j3f

#3 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 177 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Thank you, but that was not my question Batman.  I don't see anything about A/B testing plugins in the dashboard. 

My question was specifically about using A/B Testing plugins for wordpress and/or third party A/B testing software services. I just want to know if the unorthodox pagelines system would prevent me from using those types of plugins down the road and if anyone has any experience with A/B testing a DMS site.

For example, can I use plugins like:

https://wordpress.or...lio-ab-testing/

https://wordpress.or...ting-optimizer/

Or can I use services like the following if using Pagelines DMS:

optimizely.com

visualwebsiteoptimizer.com 

Thanks!

#4 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1993 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Hi @josh1178

In the forum there are not support to 3rd Party Plugins, even 3rd Party Store Product Support.

You can read this

http://forum.pagelin...roduct-support/

#5 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 177 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Sorry, that's not my question.  :) I'm not asking for support. I'm asking a general question about people's experience with A/B testing using Pagelines DMS and more generally if it's possible to use today's standard tools for A/B testing on a site running Pagelines DMS.

Te explico en Español a ver si puedo clarificar. Es que quiero saber si es possible usar las herramientas generales que existen para hacer a/b testing con Pagelines DMS. Antes que diseño un sitio gigante de e-commerce usando Pagelines DMS, me gustaria saber si hay una forma hacer a/b testing o si voy a tener problemas porque la plataforma de DMS es especial.  Por eso quieria saber si alguien aqui tiene experiencia usando un a/b testing service o plugin con Pagelines. Quiero prevenir una problema que no tengo en el momento informandome en adelante. Por favor, si puedes preguntar a alguien de Pagelines si se puede usar servicios de a/b testing o a/b testing plugins con Pagelines seria genial? Gracias! :)

#6 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1993 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

Hi @josh1178

I´m only a  member trying to learn helping, please wait a Moderator´s reply,
I don´t understand what you need (in spanish neither). Sorry for this but I´m only a newbie.
:)
Thanks for explain me in spanish but one moderator said me one time "only English at forum" so I´m trying to learn English too.

Sure one moderator tomorrow morning can you give a reply.
Regards

Carlos

#7 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 177 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Ok, no problem. ;) We just need to ask someone if A/B testing plugins and services work with Pagelines DMS or if there are some known issues due to Pagelines non-conventional method of building a site. :)

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

PageLines develops all its products following the WordPress API standards, so in theory DMS should work with all plugins available on the WordPress plugin repository. However, this is simply not the case, as some plugins are either badly coded to begin with or are bundled with scripts that cause conflicts.

In regards to your question about whether DMS will work with an A/B testing plugin such as the ones you linked, I can't say. I have never needed any such plugin nor tested them. After watching the brief video for that Nelio plugin, one thing I heard that may cause a problem is how they implement trying two different layouts for different customers.

In my opinion and again, I haven't tested the plugin nor have any experience, the idea of a plugin allowing you to use two different layouts (templates) may cause a conflict with DMS.

#9 josh1178

josh1178

• Members

• 177 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thanks Danny. If anyone else has experience A/B testing pagelines, please chime in! If I get around to running some tests myself, I'll let you guys know. It's definitely a topic I think should be address though as anyone running a shop should be A/B testing for conversions...

Thanks!