Photo

Carousel on homepage for featured posts / most recent posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

Is this possible? I can't seem to get the carousel working at all -- is there a more in-depth how to on the various feature pages than is available in the theme itself? Could really use some more documentation. Thanks!

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

We're working on the documentation piece. Specifically we'll be putting videos together address various topics; as well as a faq and help center. Have you gotten your FlickrRSS Feed working correctly? Can you provide a live link? You might be throwing JS errors or something similar.

#3 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:31 AM

I'm afraid I haven't been able to get FlickrRSS working but I haven't really tried to be honest. The link is polift.com. This may not be what I'm trying to do though -- what I'd ultimately like is to have featured posts up there...will FlickrRSS allow that? Will the feature ability allow that? Sort of like a headline news area. All the best, Jason

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

Ya I like that idea as well. Wp 2.9 has some new features that make it possible; so we'll try to get to it in an update at some point :)

#5 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Great! Btw, on the notifications I simply ended up subscribing to the RSS feed for post. Not a perfect solution but at least I get notified...email would be perfect though!

#6 naoh

naoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

Has documentation yet been added demonstrating how recent posts can be used in the carousel?

#7 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:40 AM

Not yet. I'm excited to get my hands on this though. :) I'll let everyone know when I figure this out.