Photo

Strange problem with Latest Post footer item

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 adwiz

adwiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

The default footer for PlatformPro includes a "Latest" column that shows the headline and excerpt for the most recent post. I'm using The Events Calendar and naturally I don't want Event posts to show up there, so I'm using the WP Hide Posts plugin to hide the Event category posts. I think that's causing this really odd bug: The headline and permalink for the most recent "events" post is showing, but the excerpt from the most recent non-events category post is shown underneath that. If someone could tell me how to modify that footer column so it would ignore the Events category, then I could take care of this issue, but I don't know how to modify that code. I normally hate having to hack the actual files because that makes updates so challenging, but in this case it probably just means a single line change, right?

#2 adwiz

adwiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

Curiouser and Curiouser: I deactivate the WP Hide Post plugin, and now the headline is from the latest non-event post, as it should be. But the excerpt, instead of coming from that same post, is from the text on the home page! Strange or what?

You can see it for yourself at www.showdances.com

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

Wow beautiful site. The footer pulls in the most recent post using the `get_posts()` function. I'm not familiar with events posts... is this a plugin? Normally there are two types of posts in WP public and non-public. The features for example are non-public.

#4 adwiz

adwiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

On every single page of the site the footer text pulls the first part of the page content. If it's a page, it pulls whatever comes first (caption or body text). If it's a post, it does the same. But the headline is always the most recent post. I disabled all the plugins and it still did the same thing, so I'm stumped.

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

I'll take a look at this for you; and hopefully patch to solve your error condition.