DMS 2 Search results changing primary navigation

Question

Posted · Report post

When I perform a search on my site I get titles of posts inserted into the primary navigation (in navi section)

What could be causing this? and how can I fix it.

Attached grabs should demonstrate problem, as you can see it is a real problem

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Most likely to be a plugin. Have you disabled your plugins and been able to replicate the result? Post Types Order is one such plugin that causes this

Posted · Report post

Many thanks! Yep it was Post Types Order.

Do you know of any plugin similar to this that won't cause this problem?

Thanks Again! - was driving me nuts

Posted · Report post

This appears to work http://wordpress.org/plugins/anything-order/, with similar drag and drop functionality. Only briefly checked. Once you have dragged and dropped (you do this directly in 'all posts', you need to click "Apply" for the changed order to take effect.

If that doesnt work reply to this post and will look elsewhere

Posted · Report post

Thats Great!

While I haven't thoroughly tested it yet at first glance it works without breaking search menu and is actually better than Post Types Order in that it allows you to sort through posts on the All Posts list as a whole or when filtered rather than go into a separate reorder screen that shows everything without categories, date etc. only post names.

Thanks so much, really appreciate it!

Cheers

Posted · Report post

No problem

Posted · Report post

Hey, Just so you know Post Types Order plugin does work, the conflict is with the DMS Professional Tools plugin.

None of the other ordering plugins work like Post Types Order in that they only effect backend lists which isn't really what I am after.

Cheers

Posted · Report post

faustus501 Anything order works fine for me, being able to order appearance on front end. As you said before after trying ( i then started using it) I think it is superior to PTO

Posted · Report post

Thanks GetMeWebDesign, glad it is working well for you. Unfortunately in my instance it was going great in back-end but not corresponding to front. The site I've been working on is a bit of of a monster in that it has around 500 posts split across 20 categories and with an insane deadline so it's all about getting it to work "no matter what" for now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to properly finesse all the structural issues within a decent time period. Will end up being cloned 21 times for various industries so this structural stuff has to be right on. As it happens I bought the prem version of PTO and there is no conflict whatsoever, still not as good as Anything Order in terms of interface and usability.

Cheers,

J.

Posted · Report post

What Navigation section are you using, as I am not able to recreate this bug. Are you sure this is related to the Post Order plugin and not something else ?