8 replies to this topic

#1 MobileParity

MobileParity

• Members

• 27 posts
  • Framework Version:Latest DMS

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

Hello all,

I am testing DMS 2 on Flywheel. I added the DMS 1.x shortcode syntax for a Google Map however it is not rendering on the screen. I only see the actual shortcode. I have use the sections for Text Box, Post Loop, and Media Box however the shortcode still will not work. Do I have to use DMS 2 Pro in order to use the Google Map functionality?

See the image here: http://screencast.com/t/jm3i9JIQwj

Regards,

AG

#2 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

Shortcode wont render in a textbox ... which is for text. However, that shortcode works for both Mediabox and when added within a post for post link. Not sure whether this isnt available for the free version. However, if it isnt, just emebd a Google map?

Looking at the image, it looks as if you have you have pasted incorrectly. Make sure you either paste as plain text or into something like Notepad to ensure you are not pasting this:

<ol class="linenums">
<li class="L0" style="color: #bebec5;"><code class="html" style="color: inherit;"><span class="pun" style="color: #93a1a1;">[</span><span class="pln" style="color: #48484c;">googlemap width</span><span class="pun" style="color: #93a1a1;">=</span><span class="str" style="color: #dd1144;">"100%"</span><span class="pln" style="color: #48484c;"> height</span><span class="pun" style="color: #93a1a1;">=</span><span class="str" style="color: #dd1144;">"300"</span><span class="pln" style="color: #48484c;"> address</span><span class="pun" style="color: #93a1a1;">=</span><span class="str" style="color: #dd1144;">"San Francisco,CA"</span><span class="pun" style="color: #93a1a1;">]</span></code></li>
</ol>

#3 MobileParity

MobileParity

• Members

• 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for the help, however its still not working. I have also used the Text Box to enter short codes with DMS 1x. Not sure what could be the problem.

#4 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

1. [googlemap width="100%" height="300" address="San Francisco,CA"]

Above is what it looks like in the screenshot. Please check you are adding just the shortcode. It definitely looks as if you are pasting in correctly. Have you tried pasting Google map embed. If that isnt working then you have a bug. Paste this into a mediabox or within the text/html of a post:

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d100940.14245968236!2d-122.43759999999999!3d37.75769999999999!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x80859a6d00690021%3A0x4a501367f076adff!2sSan+Francisco%2C+CA!5e0!3m2!1sen!2s!4v1401778184189" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>

#5 MobileParity

MobileParity

• Members

• 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

I took your advice and pasted the shortcode into Notepad first however it still does not work. However the iframe embed you provided works just fine in the Media Box and text/html of the post. I'm now just curious as to why the shortcode does not work as I would rather use a shortcode than using this method to embed a map every time. Thanks for the help!

#6 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

Really need one of the Moderators to look at this. Do you have a link to the site you are testing with? First things first. All plugins, with the exception of the pagelines plugins should be deactivated and any custom CSS you have added removed. Assuming you have done this already, do other shortcodes, for instance buttons, youtube etc work, or is it just this google maps shortcode that is failing?

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15242 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

You should not use the TextBox section for shortcodes, that section is supposed to be used for text and nothing more. If you want to use shortcodes, HTML then you will want to use either a MediaBox section or the NextBox section (club only).

In my image below you can see that I have simply copied and pasted the code provided above by @GetMeWebDesign into a MediaBox HTML textarea and the code worked just fine.

https://cloudup.com/c6KQBhProMV

#8 MobileParity

MobileParity

• Members

• 27 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Right on, I appreciate the feedback. Once I go Pro/Club I will check out the NextBox

#9 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

@MobileParity Something isnt quite right if the shortcode wont work. after all it is just shortcode for the longer Google embed code. It should work in the WP Loop etc. I am not saying your issue is related, but you might want to follow this topic http://forum.pagelin...s2/#entry209824

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google map, shortcodes