Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing features from individual blog posts/pages

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, Here is my work in progress site: www.kencauley.com I'm trying to get the feature images/sections to NOT show up on the individual blog posts/pages. I would like it to ONLY show up on the homepage. I can't figure out how to do this. Help?

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

This still does not help me. Within the Admin, on the right side there is "Appearance' with the options "Themes, Widgets, Menu, Editor". When I got to EDITOR, I have the option to manually edit code. But I cannot find the exact section you're talking about for PlatformPro. I do not know where to find "Theme Options" or Custom Code area within Theme Options. Have you navigate me more specifically?

Posted · Report post

Whatever the name of the theme you're using, let's say it's iBlogPro - click on that tab from your WordPress admin. You will now be in Theme Options. Now navigate to: Custom Code > Custom CSS You'll see: `body{}` - just paste the code I provided right over that and save. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Hello again, All this time, I was looking at the theme editor located within the 'appearance editor' section. I needed to go to "PlatformPro > Settings > Custom CSS" Regardless, I did all this and I copy/pasted the code into the CSS Rules in the Custom CSS page and saved. Though, the feature images are still showing up on individual pages. Here is an example: http://www.kencauley.com/2010/11/when-in-russia%E2%80%A6-don%E2%80%99t-smile/ Next steps?

Posted · Report post

Ken, I had this same issue and it was sort of resolved here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=3632 I have also helped some other people with this same issue and we've requests Pagelines to add a checkbox to the feature to "Only show on Home Page". In the meantime, this is the awkward work around. Then, you'll need to add the FEATURE to the bottom of your header and do as follows: Resolved by CMUNNS 1.Put the FEATURE in the header section. 2.Refresh. 3.Toggle the advanced setup...then check "hide by default" 4.Refresh 5.Then click "show on posts pages" 6.Refresh Done. It (the FEATURE) should only show on home posts page. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Posted · Report post

Looks like that worked! Not sure if it was the combination of the custom CSS or just the steps above that you provided. But it works (finally!). Many thanks for your support and help. :) Best, Ken

Posted · Report post

Where do I place this on the page? At the top? At the bottom?

Posted · Report post

Place it here: Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/CSS Rules

Posted · Report post

` #boxes{display:none} .home #boxes{display:inline} ` The surefire way to accomplish this is to drop this code in: Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS Thanks, Bryan