DMS 2 Editor Stalls after DMS 2.1 Update

Question

Posted · Report post

The editor stalls won't load after updating to v2.1. Martin Davies - thanks for offering to help.

http://visifyllc.com/?pldebug=1

21 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Is this now resolved ? As debug is no longer active on your site.

Posted · Report post

OK, we can not provide support when you have all those plugins active, especially a cache plugin such as W3 Total Cache and better-wp-security. Please disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Posted · Report post

I know this would seem a bit rude and I can't think of a nicer way to say it, but I can't afford to disable all plugins. I can tell you that each of the plugins installed on the site are top-rated, stable plugins that I've never had issues with. I can understand W3 Total Cache and WP Security - those I can temporarily disable, but if I were to disable all of them it would cripple the site's frontend. 

On another note - the site was working *perfectly* until the update to v2.1. No other plugin or WP updates have been made before or after this started happening. Just the DMS update to v2.1. Thoughts?

Thanks again for all your help.

-Lucas

Posted · Report post

Hi Visify

I´m sure that you know this, but (I copy this from a Moderator´s reply)

"To find out which plugin is causing the issue, you will need to deactivate all first and activate your plugins one by one, (you can put the site on maintenance mode for 10 minutes). Enable one and then return to the Editor settings and see if is still normal, repeat this process until the Editor not load. When this happens the plugin that you activated last is the culprit.

Make sure your plugins are all up to date and fully compatible with WordPress 3.9.1. If they're out of date (usually more than 3 months old) there's a chance they can conflict with others or with WordPress itself. I strongly suggest checking all your plugins every month."

Perhaps help you.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You're not being rude, but unfortunately, you're going to need to disable all your plugins, as the likelihood is your issue is caused by one of those plugins. DMS can not just stop working, there has to be a cause and 99.9% of the time is caused by a plugins, especially users who have a cache plugin installed and active, that hasn't been configured correctly.

Also, what is the reason for using the security plugin ? If you feel the need to install such a plugin, then you really need to change host.

Posted · Report post

I can disable the security and caching plugins. Our host is great, there's no issue there. We prefer to be as secure as possible.

Posted · Report post

Hi guys, I'm having the same issue with a new site build. I upgraded to DMS2.1 and I could no longer access the editor. I disabled all plug-ins and then through elimination found that the plug-in that stops the editor from loading is DMS Professional Tools V1.5.5.

I tried this 3 times to prove it was the case. I'm running Chrome on a GoDaddy hosting account.

Oops, There may be an issue loading.

DMS typically loads in less than 5 seconds. Please check for Javascript or PHP errors.
(Typically, slow or incomplete loading is related to plugin conflicts or server issues.)

Posted · Report post

Hi guys, I'm having the same issue with a new site build. I upgraded to DMS2.1 and I could no longer access the editor. I disabled all plug-ins and then through elimination found that the plug-in that stops the editor from loading is DMS Professional Tools V1.5.5.

I tried this 3 times to prove it was the case. I'm running Chrome on a GoDaddy hosting account.

Oops, There may be an issue loading.

DMS typically loads in less than 5 seconds. Please check for Javascript or PHP errors.
(Typically, slow or incomplete loading is related to plugin conflicts or server issues.)

Could you create your own topic please?

Posted · Report post

Hi Martin, I thought it was the identical topic? Do I create a new one with the same topic name "

Editor Stalls after DMS 2.1 Update"

Posted · Report post

Hi gwnich. Thanks so much for getting involved! Really looking forward to resolving this. Unfortunately disabling the pro tools plugin doesn't seem to have worked for me. Did you completely uninstall it?

-Lucas

Posted · Report post

Hi Lucas, thanks. The minute I deactivate the DMS Pro Tools 1.55 plugin, my DMS editor opens without problems on the front page. I can then also load all other plugins and the editor is still accessible, but the minute I activate DMS Pro Tools, I get the above error.

Posted · Report post

So there are about 10 settings in the plugin how about you share which ones you have active or better yet a screenshot of the settings page and a link to your site

Posted · Report post

Website under construction is http://betterbuys.info/.  The site's showing live with the below activated, but even if I deactivate all plugins and activate just the DMS Pro Tools plugin, the editor goes into a tailspin and won't load.

DMS2_plugin_status.png

Posted · Report post

Well that's a screenshot of your plugins
The pro plugin has it's own setting page that's what we need to see

Posted · Report post

I can't see where those settings are for the Plugin? 

Posted · Report post

On the left at the bottom of the admin menu it says Pagelines pro

Posted · Report post

Thanks Simon, ok I unchecked all settings in the Pro Plugin and turned them on one by one. It's the caching setting when turned on, that breaks the editor.

I'll just leave it off for now.

Thanks again for your help on this.

Greg

By clicking this I understand it is experimental and not really supported.

This simple EXPERIMENTAL cache uses wp_transients to store rendered sections HTML saving a few db queries.
If you are using a PHP OP Cache like APC/Memcached this can make quite a difference.
!!DISCLOSURE!! THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A MAGIC FIX FOR SERVERS MADE FROM CHEESE
This will only work with DMS 1.0.4 and above.

Posted · Report post

I had that issue a month or two back, but this doesn't appear to be the issue for me.

I've spent the better part of an hour disabling plugins to try and see which one's the problem, but I cant seem to find the culprit. Could it really just be DMS?

-Lucas

Posted · Report post

Lucas, you're going to need to contact our helpdesk and provide the following information:

A link to this topic so they have something to reference

A link to the site in question

Provide your admin username and password

Make sure DMS debug mode is active (currently isn't)

Make sure all plugins are disabled - This is a must, if you do not do disable all plugins, our staff will not be able to assist you further.

hello at pagelines dot com