#1 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

Is there a check box somewhere to remove the Karma icon from the Masonic Gallery?  Also using the gallery is there a way to get audio posts to play straight from the gallery instead of going into the post (I think that I've seen this done on other galleries).

#2 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

@jmad House rules... one question per thread ( as it helps when others are looking for answers). Add to </> custom Less or WP admin> Pagelines > DMS Fallbacks

/*to remove karma from Masonic*/

.pl-grid-meta {
  display: none;
}

#3 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Add to </> custom Less or WP admin> Pagelines > DMS Fallbacks.  What do you mean here?

#4 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

If you add this code:

/*to remove karma from Masonic*/
.pl-grid-meta {
  display: none;
}

There are two options as to where you can add this. Either in the WP Admin > Pagelines > DMS Fallbacks > Custom LESS or, if you are in DMS Live Editor > </> Custom > Custom LESS/CSS

I have included a /*descriptor*/ so that you remember what that piece of code is doing

#5 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

Of course, I'll add it to custom css or in the end a child theme.   

The way I read it, I thought you were addressing the audio question...long day I guess.

#6 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

@jmad The reason I didnt ask it, is as above. Think it should have its own thread. Part of the reason, also, is I have various questions to ask. Is the masonic gallery only going to be for audio or is it a mixed gallery. I am presuming that this is windows default player? How are you hoping to display the audio. With Masonic, you would have to alter the PHP functions file in a child theme and that would be best achieved by cloning it and remaning, because I cant not see an easy way of doing this with CSS etc. However, those that work for Pagelines and have access to the developers may think otherwise.

Given the work you would have to put into this, IMO only, and whatever you price your time at, I would head of to use this plugin (video example which I am sure would work for audio http://themepunch.co...ry-grid-hoover/). Maybe I am lazy, but I can put my time to better use, often, by using a solution that has been tried and tested. These are the same people who developed Slider Revolution, if you were wondering

My advice is still the same... start another topic and see if you get any better advice :)

#7 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

It's an MP3 file.  I'm actually, good with a plugin but just wondered if there was and easy way in Masonic.  

Thanks.  I might followup in another thread but good for now.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16563 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell you can not have the audio play when viewing the grid layout and have to go to the full post. I will relay this to our developers, but I am not sure if it will be considered as it will likely mean changing the way the hover state works for all items.