DMS 2 Issues moving to WPEngine

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi - I'm moving a DMS 2 site to WPEngine. I've followed the WPEngine migration process but when I preview the site no content at all is showing on the site. The only things showing up are the title tag and favicon. WPEngine say that there may be special steps I need to take because I'm using DMS. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks for your help.

Nathan

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi - I'm moving a DMS 2 site to WPEngine. I've followed the WPEngine migration process but when I preview the site no content at all is showing on the site. The only things showing up are the title tag and favicon. WPEngine say that there may be special steps I need to take because I'm using DMS. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks for your help.

Nathan

This is simple but MIGHT work. Open up the editor and see if you can see any sections available to add to the page. If not, hit the "reload sections" button (it says something like that) and see if the refreshes everything and that should pull your site through.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi Nathan,

What is the WPEngine migration process ?

Posted · Report post

Thanks both.

Danny - the migration process is here: http://wpengine.com/support/migration-process/. But essentially export database and wp-content folder and upload them to WPEngine.

atcdomainsolutions - thanks, I'll give this a try.

I don't know if this has any bearing, but I'm previewing the site by adding a line to my hosts file so that my machine connects directly to the IP address of the site on WPEngine. 

Nathan

Posted · Report post

Hi - just to update on this. atcdomainsolutions - your suggestion worked, thanks very much for your help.

cheers

Nathan

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.