Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 When user clicks the mobile menu open on an iPhone, the search form is automatically activated and keyboards pops up

Question

Posted · Report post

When user clicks the mobile menu open on an iPhone, the search form is automatically activated and the browsers keyboards pops up making it very confusinh.

This is likely to happen on other mobile devices also. This of course is not a good experience since we have no idea if users is planning on using the search or not. 

Also, is there a way to disbale the search entirely from mobile navigation without a css-hack (display:none; etc)?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I already mentioned that in the issue I added to the tracker.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Yeah this has already been brought to our attention and I have already added it to our tracker. Unfortunately, the mobile menu code isn't used inside a section, it is it's own separate file in the editor folder. The only way to remove the search functionality is to edit the file itself as far as I am aware and this isn't something we recommend nor support.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Yeah this has already been brought to our attention and I have already added it to our tracker. Unfortunately, the mobile menu code isn't used inside a section, it is it's own separate file in the editor folder. The only way to remove the search functionality is to edit the file itself as far as I am aware and this isn't something we recommend nor support.

Ok. Thanks for quick reply.
I think it would be really important to add a checkbox "disable mobile menu search" somewhere in DMS settings.