DMS 2 DMS2.1 - Assigning Different Templates to Different Categories

Question

Posted · Report post

When evaluating DMS 2 last week for my site, I responded to Andrew Powers' email with the following observation:

"I have a potential "show stopper" question. I see how to assign templates to Pages. How to I assign a template to a Single Post?

I have more than one blog on my site. Each blog set has its own look and feel. I need to be able to assign a template to each post so that it displays correctly (like a Page).  FYI: Headway has a drop down template box in a Post just like in a Page." 

I have been waiting for the new version so I can complete my site.  However, after looking at DMS 2.1 today, I find no field in the WP UI to assign a specific Template to a specific Post. Or even a way to assign a specific Template to a Category of Posts.  

To be clear, here is an example:

Post 1-100 are about Apples and are in the "apples" Category.
Post 101-200 are about Oranges and are in the "orange" Category.

Apple Posts have a specific template that is red.
Orange Posts have a specific template that is orange.

How do I assign the proper Post with the proper Template?

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

We added bulk template tools to pages, we didnt add it to posts because even WP does not have templates for posts.

Im not saying its possible at this point, there might not be the hooks available to add he bulk tools to posts as well as pages, I will have a look and report back.