Adding a unique background to the footer

Question

Posted · Report post

Framework Version: 2.1 
WordPress Version: 3.9.1
Screenshots: attached

Details:

I would like to add a custom background behind the footer, while having a separate background for the rest of the site. I'd like to add that to the section highlighted in the attachment. How do I do that?

Steps taken: 

I added #footer { background-image: url(YOUR-IMAGE-URL) } In Custom Code -> Custom CSS (per this thread: ) but it doesn't change anything. One comment in that thread mentioned changing the layout template but I don't have more details than that, so I'm not following how to fix the issue.

Notes:

I'm working on this for a client who uses Pagelines, and I'm not familiar with the framework.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You can try the following custom CSS:

body.fixed_width #footer {
background: blue;
max-width: 100%;
}

If you want to use an image, you will need to edit the CSS above, I also recommend you remove any custom CSS you have related to the footer, as it will likely conflict.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You have posted in the free version of the DMS forum. You say you are using 2.1 - could you confirm this for us 

The CSS you say you used - im assuming the code you added wasnt as follows 

#footer { background-image: url(YOUR-IMAGE-URL) } 

Could you provide the exact CSS you used please?

Although...

If you are using DMS 2 Version 2.1, you can add a a 'canvas area' section to the footer and make sure all the content for the footer is inside the canvas area, you then have the option to set a background for the canvas area and thus the footer. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the quick reply.

I assumed we have 2.1 because the Pagelines dashboard says we have no new updates, which I suppose I shouldn't have done. Sorry. I looked in Appearance> Themes> Pagelines framework and found it's Version 2.4.5.

I don't know what a canvas area section is or how to add it. Do you mind elaborating, please? 

The actual CSS is 

I put it at the end of the CSS/LESS Rules section with a hard line between it and the last css text.

Posted · Report post

SCORE, thank you! That worked.

Posted · Report post

No problem.