Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 I updated from version 1 to DMS2. Templates are working like they should but don't appear "orange" with ability to unlock from template.

Question

Posted · Report post

That's pretty much it. I used the templates in DMS1. Now I updated to DMS2. I created a new template from my front page. If I edit it the changes show up in another page that also uses this template so it's working. But the template isn't showing as orange and it doesnt say that it's locked to that template with the ability to unlock it.

How should I proceed if I want to use this new DMS2 feature?

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny

I actually ended up solving the problem by creating my own child-theme that was exactly the same as the Skeleton I now see you recommended.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Could you provide a screenshot please? 

Also could we have a link to the site? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's local at the moment but I'll upload it to be seen.

I'm using a child-theme with custom coded sections. When I change the theme to DMS2 from the child-theme, the templates are orange, but when I go back to the child-theme even the DMS getting started page has these sections as blue and not orange.
I tried creating a new child-theme and it's getting started has the sections as orange and working correctly.
So it seems that the specific child theme is causing the issue so I'll try and debug from here.

Does the Nicks child-theme that was at some point recommended with DMS work with DMS2?
What are it's advantages compared to just creating a new child-theme the WordPress default way?

Thank you!

Edited by ketri

Posted · Report post

Hi,

So you're using Nicks Base theme ? If so, try using the simple child theme I created - http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No problem.